An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Stupid Music Are You Tastelessly Listening To, Right Now, You Phi

Winchester

theculturewarrior

I don't listen to gangsta rap because my neighborhood is overrun with gangsters and they watch our every move.  At the very least, it would give them a reason to break into my car.  Have you heard Micachu and the Shapes?  Amazing bass, but I can't listen it because it sounds like hip hop when the bass kicks.  It has very pleasant touch of bhangra at times.  There are few quirky things about my neighborhood.  The Mexican ffood makes everything worth it though.

Edited by theculturewarrior

I don't listen to gangsta rap because my neighborhood is overrun with gangsters and they watch our every move.  At the very least, it would give them a reason to break into my car.  Have you heard Micachu and the Shapes?  Amazing bass, but I can't listen it because it sounds like hip hop when the bass kicks.  It has very pleasant touch of bhangra at times.  There are few quirky things about my neighborhood.  The Mexican ffood makes everything worth it though.

I have a huge soft spot for bhangra. :hehe:

I see what you mean about Micachu & the Shapes. I had not listened to them before. I wonder if it is a common Dancehall influence.

Okay. That's amazing.

The expression on my brother's face was priceless when he realized that they were creating two or three distinct tones from one voice. :hehe:

Edited by Nihil Obstat

theculturewarrior

There is a documentary about Mongolia.  I don't remember the title but it was beautifully done.  It was about a camel who had a difficult birth and rejected the offspring; she wouldn't let him nurse.  So the shepherds travelled to the city to  find a musician, and he played a song in some kind of Buddhist ritual, and afterwards, she let the calf nurse.

Edited by theculturewarrior

nihil, say I were old school and liked to buy physical albums, which is totally lame so I'm only being hypothetical, which one would you recommend from these Mongolian folks?

nihil, say I were old school and liked to buy physical albums, which is totally lame so I'm only being hypothetical, which one would you recommend from these Mongolian folks?

I have been meaning to buy their albums, and still have not gotten to it yet. So I do not know for sure, but from what I hear, "Sixty Horses In My Herd" would be the best start. In later albums they started to do some fusion stuff with modern instruments and beats and whatnot, which is not necessarily bad, but is not precisely the reason I listen to them. Sixty Horses is their first album, so there is none of that.