An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmass Advent Novena Dec 7-15!

AnneLine

ADVANCE NOTICE!!!!! - Advent Novena is coming Dec 7-15!!!

Hello  Phamily!   graphics-christmas-advent-384238.gif  Happy New Year!

A lot of you know I am the Director for a Secular Order community for one of the Mendicant Orders.

It's a custom in my Order (and in many others!) that a little statue of the Baby Jesus moves among the community members each day during Advent, and each sister or brother gets to have the Little Guy spend the day with them as  a day of recollection.   My community has adapted that so each one or more of us would get a chance to 'host' Jesus each day as He traveled through cyberspace... and we would all pray for that person in a special way.  Up until last year, we did it during the traditional 'Christmas Novena' (think O-Antiphon period Dec. 17th - 24th). 

Last year the novices asked if we could do it EARLIER during Advent, specifically between Dec 7 and Dec 15.... because they felt that as lay people, they had more time and NEEDED to become recollected BEFORE the rush just before Christmas.   

I was startled at first, I decided they were making a really good request!  It worked SO WELL we will be doing it that way again this year.

This year, I'm extending the Phun to the Phatmass Phamily too!  

....................................   graphics-christmas-advent-418186.gif

Rather than having people sign up for a day, I'm going to  arbitrarily assign your special day by the first initial of Phatmass avatar names...

Dec 7 A - C
Dec 8 D - F
Dec 9 G- I
Dec 10 J - L
Dec 11 M - O
Dec 12 P - R
Dec 13 S - U
Dec 14 V - Z

AND
Dec 15 An extra day for dUSt & the 2012 Moderators!

It seems appropriate to give them an extra day as a thank you for being our hosts all year long! 

(Also included are those who did a partial term of service during 2012)!

Each day you can expect to find....

* A different 'baby Jesus' image to enjoy
* Some kind of a link to a spiritual video to help us prepare for Christmas and to make our Advent more prayerful.
* A video link that is more for fun (because that is part of Advent, too!). 

* A little virtue-type habit to practice
* Some kind of prayer activity.

(This year the prayer activity will be a decade or so of 'scriptural rosary' type quotes each day.  I'm choosing the quotes for the verses from St. John of the Cross' Romances -- his beautiful poems about the Incarnation.... Even if you don't like scriptural rosaries, there will still be some beautiful poetry to enjoy and use for your prayer...)

*** You don't need to sign up; you're welcome to follow this or not! We will be praying for you! ***

*** Watch for the first day on Dec 7 ***

wooden-advent-calendar-red.jpg

Sign me up and thanks for the opportunity to share this prayer with you, your communities, and all of us out here among the clouds.

Pacem en Jesu Christi