An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dust -- Help With Mobile Theme Please

AnneLine

dUSt,

There is a thread called 'help' in open Mic -- Several phatmassers are stuck in 'MobileTheme' - and it appears there is currently no exit.  Phatmass Quicksand....

Can you rescue them?

Thank you!

Your Phaithphul Phamily.....

I think what you guys want to do is go into your internet settings, and delete form data and passwords. That way you'll automatically be logged out of your PM account, because the computer will delete that stored information. I am not 100% sure if it would stay on the default theme when you log back in though, so there is that.

It's the same on login. I've dumped cookies and cache and it hasn't changed. It's tied to our accounts somehow, and the revert button is broken.

There's a bug that seems to come and go with the IPB software package that causes this to happen. The developers fix the bug, then six months later it happens again.

Not sure which version of the software the Phorum is currently running, but there may be a patch/upgrade available. Otherwise, it'll probably get fixed with the next update.

got a PM from MIKolbe -- they're checking into it.  Don't struggle in quicksand, pham.... just float till the help arrives.  Pray a rosary.... You know... meditate on the 4 last things....  get some work done..... ;)  

I dunno... ARFink and I wrote about you on his thread....

I asked him if he had any ideas for you, and he replied....

Well, I'm afraid I don't know about how the phorum software works AnneLine, it's a setup I am not very familiar with. It sounds like the theme settings are tied to your account data, and this is a known bug which will require altering the settings manually on the server side. As soon as I heard about the problem I decided to leave my own settings alone because I had heard of this bug.

To which I responded....

not in there... just getting sad emails from the souls that are trapped, uh, in the Ghost Ship... Feeling a bit like Counselor Troi right now.....

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Ghost_Ship

From the book jacket "In 1995, a Soviet aircraft carrier is destroyed by a mysterious creature that just as mysteriously disappears thereafter. Over three hundred years later, Counselor Deanna Troi awakens in her quarters from a nightmare in which she senses the voices of the crew of that Russian ship, whose life-essences were somehow absorbed by the creature that destroyed them. And the nightmare heralds a danger to the USS Enterprise-D itself, for if Picard can't discover a way to communicate with the creature, it could absorb his crew just as it did the Russians."

My friends are stuck in there... Papist, MissyP, dust... and who knows how many more...

We won't forget you all... we'll pray for you... send photos and reading material.    Don't forget us.....

Edited by AnneLine