An Old School Catholic Message Board

Happy St. Nicholas Day From Marian Hall At Fus

LittleWaySoul

LittleWaySoul

The Handmaids of the Lord hallway. LOOK AT ALL THE SHOES. :smile3:

A9b1umKCQAAVn1R.jpg

Outside of our door last night-- my roommate's and my shoes :)

a9zhfsdciaa2kpx.jpg?w=170&h=128

THIS MORNING'S ST. NICHOLAS GIFTS! :dance:

A9b2HfWCAAA6yKp.jpg

And my roommate and I made a thank you note for St. Nick :smile3:

A9Zh5SzCcAETwuq.jpg

Wishing you all a wondrous and blessed feast day of St. Nicholas! I'm praying for all of you! God bless! :smile3:

Love,

LWS

mysisterisalittlesister

Lol, that's awesome :p

Funny, because two of my sisters were Handmaids. So weird to see that hall again!

LittleWaySoul

Funny, because two of my sisters were Handmaids. So weird to see that hall again!

WHOA NO WAY. That's so cool! :smile3:

DiscerningCatholic

The Handmaids of the Lord hallway. LOOK AT ALL THE SHOES. :smile3:

A9b1umKCQAAVn1R.jpg

I'm sorry, but since when was it acceptable to put BOTH shoes out? :hehe2: We've always only done one. :) I put boots out one year...no more, no less. :evil:

LittleWaySoul

I'm sorry, but since when was it acceptable to put BOTH shoes out? :hehe2: We've always only done one. :evil:

I'm pretty sure they were just being silly and having some fun. I walked down their hall last night to pray in the chapel before bed, and I saw some girls carrying shoes in a large basket to put down the hall and giggling.

As for my family, we've always put out only one pair of shoes for each child by the fireplace, but I doubt there's any strict "protocol" when it comes to this practice. After all, it's simply a tradition, and traditions vary from family to family. :)

DiscerningCatholic

I just love how all of the girls in the dorm building put them out...I was worried that, at 16, I was too old to do it! :|

LittleWaySoul

I just love how all of the girls in the dorm building put them out...I was worried that, at 16, I was too old to do it! :|

You'll find that college is very much like this graphic describes. But on more topics than just Pokemon.

1273776709720.png

Also, my family has done the St. Nicholas Day shoe thing my whole life. It's not really something you grow out of, in my opinion. It's like Christmas presents!

That's razzle dazzle. Boy you and your roommate sure have a lot of shoes.

Thank you! We only put out one pair each. The Handmaids' wing is one floor below us, and the shoes probably belonged to a total of about 6 rooms or so ;) :hehe:

Now, why is this in the lame board? It should totally be in Amesome Mic!

Why thank you! :smile3: See, I kind of translate "Lame Board" to mean "Awesome Board," so that's why it was posted here :hehe:

When I went to bed at 1 last night I tripped over something in the hallway, and this morning I realized it was a shoe full of candy!

In our family we put out both shoes, but you always get the same amount of candy, no matter how big your shoes are. Arfink doesn't get more than our three year old sister, etc.. Here, I took a picture of one of my shoes (The candy has been consolidated to just one shoe now.)

image201212060001.jpg

LittleWaySoul

I've never seen this before in my life.

The shoes thing?

Don't forget to punch a heretic before the day's end.

:hehe:

When I went to bed at 1 last night I tripped over something in the hallway, and this morning I realized it was a shoe full of candy!

In our family we put out both shoes, but you always get the same amount of candy, no matter how big your shoes are. Arfink doesn't get more than our three year old sister, etc.. Here, I took a picture of one of my shoes (The candy has been consolidated to just one shoe now.)

Wait... hold up. YOU'RE ARFINK'S SIBLING?!?!??!?!!