ToJesusMyHeart Posted December 8, 2012 Author Posted December 8, 2012 Beautiful photo, Lina! Thanks! Thank you Nihil. I didn't know that. Quite interesting.
mirusmundi Posted December 9, 2012 Posted December 9, 2012 ^ THAT CATHEDRAL. TJMH, we're going. Soon.
Amppax Posted December 9, 2012 Posted December 9, 2012 I'll just put this here. This is from 2009, but these things still haven't been worked out. The fact that the Society of Saint Pius X does not possess a canonical status in the Church is not, in the end, based on disciplinary but on doctrinal reasons. As long as the Society does not have a canonical status in the Church, its ministers do not exercise legitimate ministries in the Church. -Pope Benedict XVI http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/benedict_xvi/letters/2009/documents/hf_ben-xvi_let_20090310_remissione-scomunica_en.html
Nihil Obstat Posted December 9, 2012 Posted December 9, 2012 I'll just put this here. This is from 2009, but these things still haven't been worked out. -Pope Benedict XVI http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/benedict_xvi/letters/2009/documents/hf_ben-xvi_let_20090310_remissione-scomunica_en.html Yes, this remains the state of affairs. It should be pointed out though that simply attending a Society Mass is not in and of itself sinful, and it does satisfy one's Sunday obligation.
Vincent Vega Posted December 9, 2012 Posted December 9, 2012 Yes, this remains the state of affairs. It should be pointed out though that simply attending a Society Mass is not in and of itself sinful, and it does satisfy one's Sunday obligation. I would respond in saying that it is also not sinful and fulfills one's obligation to go to the Saturday vigil mass. Neither of these are recommended practices. Also, double check that location. You would really want to go to mass at an airport hotel?
Nihil Obstat Posted December 9, 2012 Posted December 9, 2012 I would respond in saying that it is also not sinful and fulfills one's obligation to go to the Saturday vigil mass. Neither of these are recommended practices. Also, double check that location. You would really want to go to mass at an airport hotel? Agreed on both counts.
ToJesusMyHeart Posted December 9, 2012 Author Posted December 9, 2012 I wasn't planning on attending the SSPX mass in the first place, but thanks for the heads up. :) I'm likely going to check out the Austin Cathedral and Our Lady of Walsingham in Houston. :like:
Randall Posted August 11, 2019 Posted August 11, 2019 I have a suggestion. Ask the bishop to form a “personal parish” dedicated to using the Tridentine Latin Mass. The bishop of Fort Worth and of Madison, WI have done that. In addition as people become more aquatinted with the mass, other parishes will begging to say the TLM mass at least on some small schedule. If are ever at St Benedict in Fort Worth, they have a daily TLM mass and another on Sunday. This will ensure that the mass or parish is in communion with Rome.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now