An Old School Catholic Message Board

Christmas Flash Mob

Spem in alium

Hey!!!   You guys is all stealing my videos for the Advent Novena!   Now I gotta go hunt up some more!!!  :)

However - Spem - that is one of the BEST ones I have heard!!!!  Joyful, Joyful indeed!!!!!!

Edited by AnneLine

Spem in alium

Hey!!!   You guys is all stealing my videos for the Advent Novena!   Now I gotta go hunt up some more!!!  :)

However - Spem - that is one of the BEST ones I have heard!!!!  Joyful, Joyful indeed!!!!!!

Awww, I'm sorry! It's just so joyful - one of the sisters from the monastery sent it to me, and I couldn't resist sharing it! Really beautiful video :)

WOW. That was AMAZING! It was like a big, charitable, consumerist-Christmas smackdown! No better way to do it!

Thanks so much for sharing!

'Tis OK, Spem!   I just thought it was funny that we were finding the same videos!  (Several PMers have done this, unaware..... must be the Holy Spirit having some fun with us!)

So I'll keep on looking......

I REALLY liked this one, though -- especially the darling Holy Family at the end..... and the look of that little kid who comes to check them out....  Oh my.....

Spem in alium

WOW. That was AMAZING! It was like a big, charitable, consumerist-Christmas smackdown! No better way to do it!

Thanks so much for sharing!

You're welcome :) I agree, there is no better way.

'Tis OK, Spem!   I just thought it was funny that we were finding the same videos!  (Several PMers have done this, unaware..... must be the Holy Spirit having some fun with us!)

So I'll keep on looking......

I REALLY liked this one, though -- especially the darling Holy Family at the end..... and the look of that little kid who comes to check them out....  Oh my.....

Haha, it is funny! Yeah, it's such a beautiful video. One of my favourite parts (besides the guys singing "O Come All Ye Faithful" riding the escalator...just awesome!) the little boy who they filmed kneeling at the end (with some adults behind him) - he just looked so amazed.

That is the best flash mob I have seen. That was really moving. Thanks for sharing!

No worries. I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Spem we are talking about the same little boy.  He just was in such AWE!  THAT is how we should be at the thought of seeing THEM at the local food court!!!!

Is this video from near your home?  Hard to know what 'south bay' might be!  I doubt it the southern end of San Francisco bay!!!!

How long are you going to be staying in the USA -- just thru this semester?  Are you coming through California?  hint?

Spem in alium

Spem we are talking about the same little boy.  He just was in such AWE!  THAT is how we should be at the thought of seeing THEM at the local food court!!!!

Is this video from near your home?  Hard to know what 'south bay' might be!  I doubt it the southern end of San Francisco bay!!!!

How long are you going to be staying in the USA -- just thru this semester?  Are you coming through California?  hint?

Awesome! I know, his expression was just amazing! As far as I'm aware, that was actually performed in California, at a place called "Redondo Beach" :) 

I am here for two more weeks! I will definitely be coming through California - I have a four-hour layover at LAX :) 

Redondo beach is not far from that airport... but a ways from me!  No way to route yourself thru SFO I guess.... THAT we could make happen!

Spem in alium

Redondo beach is not far from that airport... but a ways from me!  No way to route yourself thru SFO I guess.... THAT we could make happen!

Unfortunately not! I'm not even sure how much time I will have between flights. My departing flight from LAX takes me home, so I suppose I will need to go through a few checks. It would have been super brilliant to meet you! But I guess there's always Phatmass and Skype :)

This is not particularly organized for Christmas, but as a random act of culture: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp_RHnQ-jgU

Oh, I love this! Thank you for sharing :) I sang the Hallelujah Chorus recently at a concert, and it's nice to hear it again.