An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cancer

OnlySunshine

Please pray for my friend's mother who was diagnosed with throat (esophageal) cancer recently and just had a biopsy done yesterday.  They will not know what kind of cancer nor what stage it is in for several days.  I've already commended her to St. Peregrine and my mom did to St. Jude as well.  Both came in very useful when my cousin was diagnosed with a brain tumor, so we know we can count on their intercession.  Also, please pray for our friend.  She is taking this very rough and doesn't know what to make of it all.

Also, on the subject of my cousin, she received the results of the biopsy yesterday (Monday) and it was terrific news!  The oncologist stated that, if you are going to have a brain tumor, this is the kind of tumor to have because they can manage it well.  It's unlikely to metastasize anywhere else.  Now that they have removed 75% of it, they will be placing her on a chemotherapy regimen by pills 5x a week for 6 months.  She will be unable to drive for that time to make sure that she doesn't experience another seizure, so she is living with her parents.  She will also be able to start back to work part-time if she desires in 6 weeks after her brain heals from the surgery.  This is such great news!  My other aunt had so many family members in a panic because she told them she believed the tumor was the worst kind (glioblastoma multiforme) which is very aggressive and highly fatal.  I do wish she'd stop spreading rumors about when she is not a doctor.  She believes that because she is a tissue histologist, that means she knows everything about cancer.  I was relieved to find out she was very wrong.  Praise GOD!!!  :)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae