An Old School Catholic Message Board

Urgent, Please Pray For Me At Work

Maggyie

I know I am always asking for work-related prayers lately... hopefully things will calm down soon.

I've reach the end of my training at my new job. I scored 100% on my final exam, and on all my previous tests. Tomorrow is our "graduation" ceremony and afterward we are on our own, on the phone and dealing with clients and agents.

I'm good at taking tests but when I'm stressed out all my book learning goes flying out the window. As part of our training, we sit with a "mentor" and take phone calls from clients. Yesterday was a GREAT day for me on the phone but today was horrible! It has really rattled me. I didn't know hardly any answers to the questions clients were asking. I have great soft skills (being polite and sounding like I care) but the technical information is a different matter.

The mentor I sit with is very nice but I almost wonder if she is slightly autistic- she's not very encouraging and doesn't seem to be able to empathize. After today she gave me this look and said, "well, THEY think you're ready." They being the management staff and my trainer... and indicating that she herself thinks I am a client service nightmare. Even if I thought someone was a disaster, I wouldn't tell them that the day before they leave the nest!

Please pray for me that I am able to do the job well and gain confidence. I'm very nervous and scared. My last job was far worse (in terms of not knowing what to do) and eventually I became awesome at it. If I could get through that experience I should be able to survive here. Please ask St. Margaret of Scotland and St. Anthony of Padua to pray for me, too.