An Old School Catholic Message Board

College Application

OnlySunshine

Please pray for my intention of being accepted to attend the state university I have applied for.  I have a 2-year degree from a state college so I have better odds than someone who will be a freshman.  I just submitted my application fee and my application is being processed.  I need to be accepted, otherwise, I might not be a student this Spring 2013 term because of my current college dropping my financial aid.  After reviewing the rules and regulations of my college's financial aid, I am very unlikely to receive the aid back since you can only get it back if you have extenuating circumstances -- this is not my case.  I'm still planning to meet with the counselor and send in my appeal forms, but the college will be closed from Dec. 19 - Jan. 2nd.  The new semester begins on Jan. 7th, 2013 and the appeal may take weeks.  If you don't have aid, you have to pay out-of-pocket, which I cannot do.

Please pray this gets straightened out.  I am very confused and angry at the school for waiting until the last minute to notify me.  :(