An Old School Catholic Message Board

Texas

ImageTrinity

In a few short months, our family will be relocating to San Angelo, TX. Anybody know anything about the area? I've spent most of my life in PA, so I'm expecting a bit of culture shock!

theculturewarrior

Very friendly people, with possibly a chattier approach to life.  If you are a private person, you might be uncomfortable at first.  Texas is diverse, sometimes tensely so, and in other places it is really nice, almost like California.  I don't know about San Angelo but I would imagine you might see a little of the former and less of the latter.

Edited by theculturewarrior

LinaSt.Cecilia2772

San Angelo is in west Texas, and frankly every region whether north, south, central, east or west is very different from one another. I don't live in west Texas so I don't really know what it's like over there because I haven't been there in a long time.

ToJesusMyHeart

I'm from Texas (born and raised in Dallas), and I'm currently at school in College Station. 

I like it here, but the heat will take some getting used to. Right now it's 75 degrees outside, and earlier today it was 80. You'll probably come to miss the snow on Christmas--that's very rare for us. 

But welcome! Or should I say, "Howdy!" (We don't normally use that phrase, except on the Texas A&M campus).  :like2:

Dude. That is a small town in the middle of west Texas. Heat, drought, the smell of cow manure, and dust storms. Have fun!

Oh, and learn Spanish.

Dude. That is a small town in the middle of west Texas. Heat, drought, the smell of cow manure, and dust storms. Have fun!

Oh, and learn Spanish.

Ha! Thanks. Fortunately, we'll only be there for about 6 months.

The beer is stronger there.. At least, stronger than what you can buy in an Oklahoma gas station.   :pinch:  That's not saying much, though.

Edited by Hubertus