An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hobbit Movie Shooting

eagle_eye222001

eagle_eye222001

http://www.examiner.com/article/two-shot-at-texas-movie-theater-during-showing-of-the-hobbit

Today, Press TV reported that two people were wounded when a gunman entered a San Antonio theater. The shooting occurred last night at about 9:25 p.m. at the Santikos Mayan 14 movie theater during a showing of “The Hobbit.” According to reports, the gunman's original target was a China Garden Restaurant where he was employed.

Officials say the man was looking for a female co-worker, and when he learned she wasn't there, he produced a gun. The weapon jammed when he tried to fire it in the restaurant, and some of the patrons fled across the parking lot and into the nearby theater.

The gunman opened fire in parking lot, injuring one man who was shot in the chest. Louis Antu, Bexar County Sheriff’s spokesman said, “He was shooting at a marked unit. He knows he was shooting at an officer, so that’s (an) automatic (charge of) attempted capital murder.”

He was prevented from entering the theater by an off duty sheriff's deputy working theater security. The deputy shot him once, abruptly ending his shooting spree. “She did what she felt she had to do,” Antu said. “I feel that she saved a lot of lives by taking the action she had to take.”

Both the victim and the gunman are currently hospitalized. No officers or other civilians were hurt. As of yet, officials are unsure of the gunman's motivations, or his relationship to the woman he was looking for in the restaurant.

ToJesusMyHeart

I had a terrible feeling that this might happen. 

Lord have mercy. Christ have mercy.

While I was in the theatre for this film, all I could think about the whole time was how I'd get me and my friend out in case there was a shooting. I did not enjoy the movie because I was so afraid of that possibility. 

Thanks be to God for the person who shot the gunman and stopped the shooting before he got inside the theatre. 

Prayers for the souls of all involved and consolation for their families. 

Edited by ToJesusMyHeart

I will pray for all involved in this and the massacre in Connecticut.  :pray:

Edited because I don't want to start drama.

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="FutureCarmeliteClaire" data-cid="2525820" data-time="1355978217"><p>
It's just not safe anywhere anymore, is it?...<br />
<br />
Praying for all involved.</p></blockquote>

Mysteriously, and this has nothing to do with gun control, Im sure, there are quite a few places in the world where you'd be pretty safe from gun violence. That those places have strict gun control laws is a complete and total coincidence.

Mysteriously, and this has nothing to do with gun control, Im sure, there are quite a few places in the world where you'd be pretty safe from gun violence. That those places have strict gun control laws is a complete and total coincidence.

Are you advancing the argument that people do not seek favorable conditions for their actions?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Winchester" data-cid="2525892" data-time="1356012237"><p>
Are you advancing the argument that people do not seek favorable conditions for their actions?</p></blockquote>

Hm?

To say it's a complete coincidence denies that some (not all, of course) attacker will choose soft targets.

Deterrents, like locks, burglar bars, dogs, armed guards, alarms, cameras, all operate on this principle.

Edited by Winchester