An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Parents Are Coming Home For Christmas!

ToJesusMyHeart

ToJesusMyHeart

My parents have been fallen away from Holy Mother Church for the past 10 or so years. 

Last night at dinner, they told me the amazing, mind-blowing and totally unexpected good news of their coming home desires!!! They have been going to Sunday Mass the past few weeks, and they are trying to get themselves to the Sacrament of Confession before Christmas! 

This is the most amazing news for me, because truly, I never expected this would happen. My parents were hardened against the Church, most especially after the scandals. They would bash the authority of the Church to my face and blatantly insult the Faith. But God, in His great mercy and compassion, has touched their hearts somehow and now they desire to come HOME! 

Please pray that they stay so resolved and that Satan is not able to distract them from getting to Confession. My dad has not been in over 30 years, so this is a really big deal for him and he is quite nervous about it. He told me some things last night that I had no idea about, and I can only imagine the anxiety he feels at having to confess them. 

Thanks be to God and our most holy Mother Mary!!!

"Behold, I make all things new!"  

(thanks mirusmundi)

:smile3: 

Wonderful news, TJMH... my mother was away over 40 years when she came back.... it was an astonishing and humbling thing to attend Mass and receive communion with her...  so happy for you. 

Will keep praying for your sister.... one day at a time. 

Patience and love are the key... exactly what God uses on us....

That is awesome! The most influence I've had on my parents is getting them to pray before meals in public places.  Well, at least that's all I'm aware of.  But I keep praying for them and my siblings and hoping that I can be the St. Monica to all those St. Augustines... :saint2:   

My parents have been fallen away from Holy Mother Church for the past 10 or so years. 

Last night at dinner, they told me the amazing, mind-blowing and totally unexpected good news of their coming home desires!!! They have been going to Sunday Mass the past few weeks, and they are trying to get themselves to the Sacrament of Confession before Christmas! 

This is the most amazing news for me, because truly, I never expected this would happen. My parents were hardened against the Church, most especially after the scandals. They would bash the authority of the Church to my face and blatantly insult the Faith. But God, in His great mercy and compassion, has touched their hearts somehow and now they desire to come HOME! 

Please pray that they stay so resolved and that Satan is not able to distract them from getting to Confession. My dad has not been in over 30 years, so this is a really big deal for him and he is quite nervous about it. He told me some things last night that I had no idea about, and I can only imagine the anxiety he feels at having to confess them. 

Thanks be to God and our most holy Mother Mary!!!

"Behold, I make all things new!"

(thanks mirusmundi)

:smile3: 

God is good! :)