An Old School Catholic Message Board

What The Floopy?!?!

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest
You're only as floopied as me, FP.  And for such a young man that's quite an accomplishment.

But I don't want to be gay and join the Navy!

This whole part of the discussion...

rotfl rotfl rotfl

rotfl rotfl rotfl

rotfl rotfl rotfl

Edited by AnneLine

PhuturePriest
don't worry, the Navy won't take you...

Oh, thank you God... I'm on the fringe of turning gay as it is, what with my love of Broadway, theatrical costumes, and Disney (I even have a favorite Disney princess). I just need one more thing like joining the Navy to finally take that totally fabulous leap.

Edit: Without realizing the implications, I just uttered the words "Tomorrow there will be no time for fun." - We're having a super busy day - "Well, except of course for wrapping presents. I love wrapping presents!" Just buy me a yoga mat and call me Miley from now on...

Edited by FuturePriest387

KnightofChrist

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">author="FuturePriest387"Are you seriously implying you would be okay if I was dating a twenty two year old girl right now?</blockquote>If you announced that instead it would have completely changed the whole dynamic of this thread! I still wouldn't be cool with it though, adults have no business dating older kids who can still be grounded.

Edited by KnightofChrist

I'm 22, and since I help with the youth at church, I have to go through Safe Environment screening stuff.. So when a 17 year old coworker was giving me "googly eyes" at work, I thought, "She's the same age as one of our teens!" and it was just awkward.

I think the general Western cultural rule is the half your age plus seven thing. So for a 22 year old, 18 would be the minimum..

Basilisa Marie

Sounds to me like he's probably bad news.  I just know that when I was a college senior, all the freshman seemed like babies.  It seems to me that there's generally a developmental gap between high school age and college age, or there should be.  

Problem is that you can't really say anything about it to her, FP, because she'll either think you're jealous (which you might be) or it's none of your business (which it probably isn't).  But what you CAN do is be a good friend to her. :)

Wait, he's from Jersey? 

That's the biggest red flag I've seen yet.

I'd normally demand you take that back, but the wonderful epitome of gentlemanly character that is my boyfriend was actually born in New York, so he may be the exception that proves the rule.  :hehe2:

PhuturePriest
Sounds to me like he's probably bad news.  I just know that when I was a college senior, all the freshman seemed like babies.  It seems to me that there's generally a developmental gap between high school age and college age, or there should be.  

Problem is that you can't really say anything about it to her, FP, because she'll either think you're jealous (which you might be) or it's none of your business (which it probably isn't).  But what you CAN do is be a good friend to her. :)

Exactly. I have absolutely no interest dating a fourteen year old, and to be honest that sounds kind of creepy for me (Even though that's only a two year age gap). If a fourteen year old and a sixteen year old are at different levels in life, you can be assured a sixteen year old and a twenty two year old are, and I have no idea what might possess them to be interested in each other. One of my possible theories is that she is looking for a man, and all that she has met so far in school are boys, so she is looking towards older people. Generally, the most common logical conclusion I have for him is that he is looking for a younger inexperienced girl that he can emotionally manipulate. Younger girls are easier to manipulate than older ones. This is something every man inherently figures out early on, and sadly many of them take advantage of it. I hope this is not the case with him, but the odds are heavily against hope right now.

I know. She will think I am probably jealous (Which I am not), and it is not my business. I am just coming from the viewpoint of a concerned friend. There's nothing I can tell her that won't make her want to push away, so my tactic is to be a good friend through good and bad, and hope that this nonsense ends as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Edited by FuturePriest387

the whole "half your age + 7" doesn't really work for those under 18.. there wouldn't be anything wrong with a 14 year old and a 16 year old... except for the fact that IMO 14 year olds have no business dating at all :)