An Old School Catholic Message Board

Complete Recovery

FutureCarmeliteClaire

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Almost two weeks post-surgery and I am doing great. I've been told I don't even look like someone who just had a major surgery. It was very successful, so I am incredibly thankful for that.

I have some interesting concerns, though. My surgery and my clot and everything that happened was on my LEFT side, and now my RIGHT armpit has started hurting somewhat like the left one was when the clot was active. That could be swollen glands or something, but after the first scare, I find it kind of alarming. I'm trying not to freak out about it, but I think I'll ask when I have the venagram next week. Also, the pain killers have been raising my anxiety levels a bit, so prayers for both of those would be very much appreciated.

Overall, I am very pleased, and I was worried I'd come out of the hospital and into recovery feeling defeated again, but I came out kicking. (After the first night home sobbing my eyes out... But we can blame that on the medication. ;) ) But I feel stronger, and I hope that will stay. 

Have a blessed and merry Christmas!

:heart: FCC