An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayer To St. Joseph For Discernment.

Catholicterp7

Catholicterp7

I have been praying this prayer every day for the past number of years and only today did I realize how fitting it is for those in discernment. 

This prayer was written by a Sister of St. Joseph in London Ont. My dad learned it from his aunts who were sisters there and in turn taught it to me. This prayer is in part what inspired my love of St. Joseph. 

Holy Saint Joseph, spouse of Mary, be mindful of us, watch over us, pray for us. 

Guardian of the Child Jesus, take our affairs spiritual and temporal into your hands 

and obtain for us the grace to know and accomplish the Holy will of God. 

Amen. 

JMJ+ :heart: 

AuthorOfMyLife

How lovely! My family prays a version of that prayer every night:

Holy Saint Joseph, spouse of Mary, be mindful of me and my family, for us, watch over us. Guardian of the Paradise of the New Adam, provide for our temporal wants; faithful guardian of the Most Precious of All Treasures, we beseech you to bring this matter to a happy end, if it be for the glory of God and the good of our souls. Amen.

I don't know where it came from!

inperpetuity

I love St. Joseph.  This is a beautiful prayer.  After every Mass, I say another prayer to him that's in the missal.

Thank you for posting that! I really like St Joseph, but sometimes I don't know how to pray him. A written prayer sometimes helps. ;)

Catholicterp7
Thank you for posting that! I really like St Joseph, but sometimes I don't know how to pray him. A written prayer sometimes helps. ;)

I'm right there with you. That's why I like this prayer so much! :) 

JMJ+ :heart: