An Old School Catholic Message Board

Green Habit

Maravillas

I can't find anymore the thread about men in habit, so I have started this new topic about the community St Thomas Becket (only of priests).

They are a pretty young community (I think they were founded 30 or 40 years ago in Belgium), with only about twenty priests today, but most of them are young! They are spread in a few parishes in France and one in Belgium.

They all wear a green habit (I think they are the only men community to wear this green habit). Their mission is to take care of children and young people in general. In the parishes they have, they organize many activities for the youth. They have even created a movement of scoutism.

They also have a two-week-camp for teenagers during summer (I went there several times, and it was amazing!). 

They like the beauty of the liturgy and the faithfulness to the Church and loyalty to the Pope. Everything is in traditional style with them (they love Latin!), but at least you are safe for everything concerning the teachings of the Church. 

I've had the providential "luck" to meet them when I was in my early teens, and they really helped me have a strong faith today!

Praised be God for the diversity in His Church!!  :nun3:

Here are some pictures:

The procession of the Blessed Sacrament in the streets of a village in France:

178-l-Adoration-Eucharistique.jpg

During the ordinations of 2 young priests of the community:

Ordination-de-Y.-P-et-P-M.-H-053.JPG

singing and joyful moments:

arton5184-615ca.jpg 23-La-Fraternite-Saint-Thomas-Becket.JPG

1612-FSTB4-N.jpg

During the ordinations of 2 young priests of the community:

Ordination-de-Y.-P-et-P-M.-H-053.JPG

I'm pretty sure that's my archbishop kneeling there :proud: (wich would only be logical, he allowed the foundation of the fraternity in his former diocese :pope2:)

I'm pretty sure that's my archbishop kneeling there :proud: (wich would only be logical, he allowed the foundation of the fraternity in his former diocese :pope2:)

Yessss! It's the (former?) bishop of Namur in Belgium. =) I don't remember his name... but I met him once in Lourdes, and he was very nice =)

He always come to France when the community has ordinations. And their seminary is in Belgium.

Mgr. Léonard :smile4:  He became archbishop of the diocese of Mechelen-Brussels 3 years ago. I met him a few weeks ago, he's super nice. Started talking about comicbooks for some reason :lol: And he allowed my community (the SJM) in his diocese, not like my own bishop who refused them. That's Léonard style, inviting foreign communities to his diocese and opening new seminaries (he did that in Namur too, had more seminarians than the other Belgian dioceses combined). That way he solves the shortage of priests in his diocese. If only the other Belgian bishops were that smart...