Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ummmm . . . FreeSoul, we ARE open to people. We are NOT open to sin. Homosexual activity is a sin, simple as that. That's what God says, not us. We just go by what God says. Those articles do NOT refer to those with same sex attractions in general. Rather, they refer to those who choose not to live chaste lives the way God intended. And sexual sins of any kind can lead one down a slippery slope.

Jake Huether
Posted

Those articles basically say that being gay = being a sex crazed watersports loving maniac, just nuts.

FreeSoul, these areticles aren't refering to the chaste homosexual population. They aren't refering to you. These "statistics" are specific to the homosexuals who are openly and flagrantly gay (i.e. livin' la vida loca... i.e. actively living the gay lifestyle... i.e. you get the picture).

These areticles aren't denying their bias. They are NOT denying that there is a chaste homosexual population. They make every effort to pretty much explicitly describe what the gay's are doing in order to achieve certain statistics.

You have to remember that these "statistics" are based on what homosexuals are saying in their "polls" and "surveys". But what you must realize is that it is the actively gay and openly sinfull homosexuals that are the ones that respond to these polls. They know it, and we should know it.

It doesn't reflect chaste homosexuals.

Jake Huether
Posted

Right.

"Right", as in AMEN! Or "Right", as in yeah right. ? <_<

Posted

Right as in "whatever, I don't care anymore."

cmotherofpirl
Posted

free soul we care about you

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

I didn't find your comment insulting, Flowery (though I can't speak for others of course), I understood the point of it. :)

And Luke, I apologize for not using the "PC" term of "suffering from same sex attractions"--it just didn't occur to me when I was writing that. Thank you for the correction. :) (The truth does need to be stated, but it can be done nicely, too. ;) )

I know sometimes people get sensitive or carried away with these touchy subjects so I was just trying to keep the peace.

Posted (edited)

Friday, Because I don't care about making arguments here anymore...I don't feel this board makes a difference. Everyone who knows me personally regardless of the views I hold believes I am a very open person, and people here pride themselves on not being open, on knowing the truth so I say my peace and that's it. Those articles basically say that being gay = being a sex crazed watersports loving maniac, just nuts.

It's good to be open minded, so as long as the brain does not fall out. <paraphrase of an Einstein quote>

Going against the teachings of the Church, is not open minded.

Your arguments haven't held up to the truth. Your experiance that you base your arguments seem to come from a very small sample of the real world.

Why not just stop reading articles like this unless you can bring something fruitful to the table... fruitful in the Church's view, not your view.

The Church speaks for Christ; those who love Christ change for Christ. Those who are loyal to the Church on this board do not want to see people who call themselves Catholic going against Church teachings.

If someone who calls themselves Catholic feels that the Church is wrong, then it would be more fruitful for that person to ask questions and saying that they do not understand why the Church teaches what it teaches... If a person did that, they would be open minded....

A person who says the Church is wrong, is not open minded at all, on the contrary, they are closed minded and do not care what Jesus has to say about it.

Ignorance is not bliss.

God Bless, Love in Christ & Mary

ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk
Posted

FreeSoul, if you're not willing to accept the Church's teaching on homosexual activity (or, for that matter, on ANY issue), then you shouldn't be receiving the sacraments. Number one, willfully disagreeing with (not struggling with) teachings is a mortal sin -- it's called heresy. It's a mortal sin because it's putting your feelings and opinions before God. Number two, Holy Communion signifies union with the Church that Christ founded. Making a choice to disagree with Church teaching causes one not to be in union with It, and so it just wouldn't be appropriate to receive Holy Communion under those circumstances.

If you continue to receive Holy Communion despite your disagreements, you, in the words of St. Paul, "eat and drink judgment on [yourself.]"

I'm praying for you.

Posted

:(

Please stop the fighting

Posted

:(

Please stop the fighting

There is no fighting.

The truth is stated... some do not like the truth...

Truth is not subject to emotion. The truth still remains if people do not like it or not.

If someone states 2 + 2 = 1... I have an obligation to correct them if I love them.

1829

The fruits of charity are joy, peace, and mercy; charity demands beneficence and fraternal correction; it is benevolence; it fosters reciprocity and remains disinterested and generous; it is friendship and communion:

Love is itself the fulfillment of all our works. There is the goal; that is why we run: we run toward it, and once we reach it, in it we shall find rest.108

http://www.usccb.org/catechism/text/pt3sec...t1chpt1art7.htm

God Bless,

ironmonk

Posted

Ignorance is not bliss.

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people?

:)

revolutionoflove
Posted (edited)

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people?smile.gif

Lil Red, someone just told me that "ignorance is bliss" and I was wondering how to respond...your quote says it perfectly!

Edited by Lil Red
Posted

llrddvl, someone just told me that "ignorance is bliss" and I was wondering how to respond...your quote says it perfectly!

I'm glad I could help. One of my favorite quotes by John Singleton:

"Take a stroll down any college campus, walking through the dorms and apartments you can hear the music of America. Rhythms that drive heads KINKY and STRAIGHT to bob in tune. Voices that rise to express our angers, fears, and loves. The sounds we hear are always changing. Our music at once reminds and makes us forget how different we are.

--ALWAYS QUESTION THE KNOWLEDGE--

Its source and purpose. Ignorance is not bliss."

  • 2 months later...
Posted

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and since you all obviously have been thinking about this topic a lot, I wonder if you might be able to help me. Recently, I found out my cousin is a lesbian. She and I grew up together, and I consider her to be like an older sister, but it seems that she needs more guidance these days than I do. I am struggling with finding the right words to say to my cousin to show her the destructive path she is choosing for her life. I am hesitant because I want her to know I still love her and I am afraid to say anything disapproving because I don't want to push her away. Now, she is pushing all of her family away. She is only 19 and she is planning on not coming home for christmas (she is at college) and she never calls anyone anymore. Any thoughts on what I could say to her to maybe open her eyes a little bit and let her know how i feel, and more importantly how GOD feels? She is very stubborn, so I don't want to slap her in the face with what I might say just yet. Thanks a lot!

Posted

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and since you all obviously have been thinking about this topic a lot, I wonder if you might be able to help me. Recently, I found out my cousin is a lesbian. She and I grew up together, and I consider her to be like an older sister, but it seems that she needs more guidance these days than I do. I am struggling with finding the right words to say to my cousin to show her the destructive path she is choosing for her life. I am hesitant because I want her to know I still love her and I am afraid to say anything disapproving because I don't want to push her away. Now, she is pushing all of her family away. She is only 19 and she is planning on not coming home for christmas (she is at college) and she never calls anyone anymore. Any thoughts on what I could say to her to maybe open her eyes a little bit and let her know how i feel, and more importantly how GOD feels? She is very stubborn, so I don't want to slap her in the face with what I might say just yet. Thanks a lot!

Posted

Euhh, man...just imagine if the entire world was gay... *...!* AAHH! OK, OK! Nevermind!! :wacko:

Posted

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and since you all obviously have been thinking about this topic a lot, I wonder if you might be able to help me. Recently, I found out my cousin is a lesbian. She and I grew up together, and I consider her to be like an older sister, but it seems that she needs more guidance these days than I do. I am struggling with finding the right words to say to my cousin to show her the destructive path she is choosing for her life. I am hesitant because I want her to know I still love her and I am afraid to say anything disapproving because I don't want to push her away. Now, she is pushing all of her family away. She is only 19 and she is planning on not coming home for christmas (she is at college) and she never calls anyone anymore. Any thoughts on what I could say to her to maybe open her eyes a little bit and let her know how i feel, and more importantly how GOD feels? She is very stubborn, so I don't want to slap her in the face with what I might say just yet. Thanks a lot!

How religious is she, or is she? :huh:

Posted

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and since you all obviously have been thinking about this topic a lot, I wonder if you might be able to help me. Recently, I found out my cousin is a lesbian. She and I grew up together, and I consider her to be like an older sister, but it seems that she needs more guidance these days than I do. I am struggling with finding the right words to say to my cousin to show her the destructive path she is choosing for her life. I am hesitant because I want her to know I still love her and I am afraid to say anything disapproving because I don't want to push her away. Now, she is pushing all of her family away. She is only 19 and she is planning on not coming home for christmas (she is at college) and she never calls anyone anymore. Any thoughts on what I could say to her to maybe open her eyes a little bit and let her know how i feel, and more importantly how GOD feels? She is very stubborn, so I don't want to slap her in the face with what I might say just yet. Thanks a lot!

How religious is she, or is she? :huh:

Posted

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and since you all obviously have been thinking about this topic a lot, I wonder if you might be able to help me. Recently, I found out my cousin is a lesbian. She and I grew up together, and I consider her to be like an older sister, but it seems that she needs more guidance these days than I do. I am struggling with finding the right words to say to my cousin to show her the destructive path she is choosing for her life. I am hesitant because I want her to know I still love her and I am afraid to say anything disapproving because I don't want to push her away. Now, she is pushing all of her family away. She is only 19 and she is planning on not coming home for christmas (she is at college) and she never calls anyone anymore. Any thoughts on what I could say to her to maybe open her eyes a little bit and let her know how i feel, and more importantly how GOD feels? She is very stubborn, so I don't want to slap her in the face with what I might say just yet. Thanks a lot!

How religious is she, or is she? :huh:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...