An Old School Catholic Message Board

Billionaire V Long Life

dairygirl4u2c

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Basilisa Marie

I'll play.

I'd rather be a billionaire with an average lifespan, because there's a lot of good you can do in the world if you're a billionaire.  Watching everyone you ever love die for a thousand years just seems really, really sad (think Dr. Manhattan).  Plus you didn't say anything about eternal youth.  

I'd rather be rich than have the highest IQ ever, because having the highest IQ would make it really hard for me to make and keep friends, plus I'd always feel like I didn't belong.  Being rich, you can help a lot of people. 

I'd rather be extremely attractive my whole life, because you didn't specify "physically attractive."  Mother Theresa's love for everyone else made her extremely attractive. 

Being a billionaire is unnecessary for a happy life, so I'll take the thousand years. Reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode about the rich businessman who makes a deal with the devil to go back to when he had nothing because, like Alexander, he wept because he had no more worlds to conquer.

For:

1. be extremely rich
  2. be extremely attractive, your whole life

Do either affect me ability to find love?

Being a billionaire is unnecessary for a happy life, so I'll take the thousand years. Reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode about the rich businessman who makes a deal with the devil to go back to when he had nothing because, like Alexander, he wept because he had no more worlds to conquer.

We will always have the poor. Poverty and human need are the greatest things to conquor.

Laudate_Dominum

thousand years

highest IQ

extremely rich

Why? There are three ways to be rich, so for me it's more a question of which of the three other options can I most easily live without. I selected the above attributes because I'm curious to see the future and I'd like to learn more about the world and explore. IQ, lifespan, and money seem like enabling factors.

i guess I like money lol

or I love the idea of no more fearing the wolf at the door, and I am assuming obscene wealth would buy me that.  Sneaking suspicion it would not.