Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

OnlySunshine
Posted

I'm gonna throw up, seriously.  :X

AwedbyHisGrace
Posted

I didn't think they were serious at first- I thought it was satire or something.

Until I saw the links  :|

Posted

"we want our church back"

 

Urrmmmm, somebody is missing something here.....plus the fact that blue vestiments are only allowed in Spain on the feast of the Immaculate Conception!

 

I wish I could understand this desire of these ladies to become priests. What they need is a good dose of solid metaphysics, then maybe they might understand the ontological nature of the priesthood.

 

Oremus!!

 

Ave Maria!

OnlySunshine
Posted
"we want our church back"

 

Urrmmmm, somebody is missing something here.....plus the fact that blue vestiments are only allowed in Spain on the feast of the Immaculate Conception!

 

I wish I could understand this desire of these ladies to become priests. What they need is a good dose of solid metaphysics, then maybe they might understand the ontological nature of the priesthood.

 

Oremus!!

 

Ave Maria!

 

I want my Church back, too!  I want to return to a simpler time when women weren't trying to be something we are not supposed to be and not trying to make fake "Churches" to achieve their prideful desires.  I see all these "catholic" churches popping up everywhere and the mission statement is "We welcome everybody..."  So does the REAL Catholic Church!  We just don't welcome disobedience.  They are excommunicating themselves.  No one is forcing them to become "women priests."  :(

PhuturePriest
Posted
Shut up.

 

The clothes and vestments Priests wear look really awesome. I won't have liberal feminists come in and invent peacock cassocks and rainbow chasubles!

Basilisa Marie
Posted

At least no one's advocated for kicking them out of the Church. 

 

Yet. 

 

:|

GeorgiiMichael
Posted
At least no one's advocated for kicking them out of the Church. 

 

Yet. 

 

:|

 

Did you watch the video? They seemed pretty okay with being excommunicated.

 

*kanyeshrug*

Nihil Obstat
Posted

If any of them actually try ordaining ladies, then they are doing all the kicking out for us.

Basilisa Marie
Posted (edited)

Fair point. 

 

Edit: Lol they disabled comments for the video.  Sad, I was looking forward to them. 

Edited by Basilisa Marie
Posted
What's with the Catholic school uniform mini-skirts???

 

It's common knowledge that if you get perverts on your side, you can sell what ever you are peddling.



Ignore St. Paul.

.

.

.

psst...He wrote 1/3 of the New Testament.

DiscerningCatholic
Posted

Because, ya know, girl and whirl totally rhyme with Lisieux. :| :ohno: And what's up with "Don't listen to St. Paul"? I mean, yeah, that's a real good way to get the Church to listen to you. 

homeschoolmom
Posted
"Don't listen to St. Paul"

 

I think that was the most disturbing line of the whole song. "Hey, why end the disobedience with the female priests? Let's just totally disregard St. Paul and we can move the Church in all kinds of new and funky ways!!!"

DiscerningCatholic
Posted (edited)

And seriously? "Some pope in a hat"? You mean, Blessed John Paul the Second? And uh..."Creator, Redeemer, and Sanctifier"? Did that pop up in there? :doh: Poor, dopey little girls. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

By the way, I've started a Facebook page supporting male nuns.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:|

 

 

I think that was the most disturbing line of the whole song. "Hey, why end the disobedience with the female priests? Let's just totally disregard St. Paul and we can move the Church in all kinds of new and funky ways!!!"

 

 

 

But...priests take a vow of obedience and these women probably (don't) know that, so they're gonna get themselves excommunicated by disobeying very serious Church teaching - and thereby invalidate all Masses that they say because Masses by female "priests" aren't even valid regardless of in-communion status - so that they can take a vow of obedience? 

 

Y U make no sense?

 

All together now: :doh: :doh: :doh:

 

And honestly, the line about excommunication shows how very little the Church actually matters to them. Because if you're excommunicated, you're not with the Church. You're still Catholic, but... :ohno: If you REALLY care about being Catholic (like these women try to appear), you're gonna freak out if you're excommunicated.

 

They sometimes remind me of 5 year old kids in the store who want the candy when they want the candy and they want the candy right now. 

Edited by DiscerningCatholic
homeschoolmom
Posted
But...priests take a vow of obedience and these women probably (don't) know that, so they're gonna get themselves excommunicated by disobeying very serious Church teaching - and thereby invalidate all Masses that they say because Masses by female "priests" aren't even valid regardless of in-communion status - so that they can take a vow of obedience? 

 

Y U make no sense?

 

All together now: :doh: :doh: :doh:

 

You mean a vow to some pope in a hat? How can they even pretend that they would make such a vow when they speak of the bishops and the pope so disrespectfully. How can you pretend that you intend to be obedient to authority when *the first mission* is to be disobedient???

 

The best line of the song is "This is crazy."

DiscerningCatholic
Posted
You mean a vow to some pope in a hat? How can they even pretend that they would make such a vow when they speak of the bishops and the pope so disrespectfully. How can you pretend that you intend to be obedient to authority when *the first mission* is to be disobedient???

 

The best line of the song is "This is crazy."

 

EXACTLY. But "MENZ R DA WORSTEST WOMYN OPPRESSERZ AND WE DON'T OWE DA POPE NUFFIN SO WE AREN'T GONNA MAKE NO VOWZ TO NO POPEZ. WE MAKEZ DA VOWZ TO OURSELVEZ." 

 

I feel really bad for that little kid with the shirt that says, "Mommy for pope." 

 

Because then Mommy's some pope in a hat, and they're already dissed the pope and the bishops. 

 

:doh: 

 

Just become call yourselves Protestants and get on with it; it would make life easier for us!

Posted
Which is why women can never be Priests. They'll try to change the clothing and the colors of the clothing with their girly fashion ideas.

 

 

Not that I'm for women's ordination ... but that statement is not right. 

 

Besides ... who do you think sews the clothing?  I don't think most who make the priestly garments are men.

homeschoolmom
Posted
Because then Mommy's some pope in a hat, and they're already dissed the pope and the bishops. 

But she would never stand in anyone's way or tell anyone what to do. And that's the power that they want... the power to tell everyone anything goes.

DiscerningCatholic
Posted (edited)

So really, no power at all. 

 

Anarchy is more like it. I'm imagining their campaign slogan is something like this: "WE SUPPORT TOLERANCE OF SIN."

 

They also claim that 63% of Catholics want women priests. :huh:

Edited by DiscerningCatholic
homeschoolmom
Posted
So really, no power at all. 

 

Anarchy is more like it. I'm imagining their campaign slogan is something like this: "WE SUPPORT TOLERANCE OF SIN."

 

They also claim that 63% of Catholics want women priests. :huh:

 

"Sin" is a word they would not use. "Sin" is "judgemental." They would probably just say, "WE ARE TOLERANT." :|

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...