BLAZEr Posted May 25, 2004 Posted May 25, 2004 Cheerios aren't as easy on the eyes as Jessica Simpson is.
MrsFrozen Posted May 25, 2004 Author Posted May 25, 2004 [quote name='toledo_jesus' date='May 24 2004, 07:48 PM'] I think she is showing her 'sexy' side now that she is married. If you recall, she and Nick waited til their wedding night to consummate their relationship. Her image was virginal before. Now she is capitalizing on her looks. What I find interesting is that since she's a married woman I actually look at those actions with more distaste than if she was living the single life. Christina Aguilera though. She's the worst of em. [/quote] I don't think getting half-naked in Maxim is virginal behavior!!
azaelia Posted May 25, 2004 Posted May 25, 2004 [quote name='MrsFrozen' date='May 24 2004, 10:47 PM'] I don't think getting half-naked in Maxim is virginal behavior!! [/quote] It isn't. This is why I don't listen to pop music. It's all about image, and not enough about music. I prefer musicians who are in it to play music, not pose in their underwear. Give me middle aged men who play electric bangos any day! (Bela Fleck)
Guest Posted May 25, 2004 Posted May 25, 2004 [quote name='MrsFrozen' date='May 24 2004, 04:49 PM'] . She told me that she would never let them listen to Britney Spears (thank God!), but she loves Jessica Simpson because she is a Christian, prays before every concert, and her father is a minister. [/quote] well if jessica is a christian, its cuz she confesses Jesus Christ as Lord and i know Britney does this also, and also Britney prays before her concerts to the only thing shes missing is her dad as a minister their both pop stars in my opionon, who overplay their sexuality to get that paper
mamalove Posted May 25, 2004 Posted May 25, 2004 This is why I listen to country music and conservative talk radio. Oh, and Phil Henry, that guy is hillarious.
Norseman82 Posted May 25, 2004 Posted May 25, 2004 [quote name='foundsheep' date='May 24 2004, 07:35 PM'] Can you say Buffalo wings or Chicken of the sea? [/quote] Or "Secretary of the Interior"......
Colleen Posted May 25, 2004 Posted May 25, 2004 [quote name='Iacobus' date='May 24 2004, 09:05 PM'] Saints over pop stars. Trees over pop stars. Everything over pop stars. [/quote] lol. The saints are our greatest role models. Besides Jesus, of course.
foundsheep Posted May 25, 2004 Posted May 25, 2004 [quote name='Norseman82' date='May 24 2004, 10:48 PM'] Or "Secretary of the Interior"...... [/quote]
lil bull 04 Posted May 25, 2004 Posted May 25, 2004 In my opinion I think Jessica Simpson is a pretty good singer but honestly I hear that she is quite a ditz and well honestly I don't doubt it. honestly I don't feel that she is a good role model for kids.
Carrie Posted May 25, 2004 Posted May 25, 2004 I think she pretends to be ditzier than she actually is.
SacredTruth Posted May 25, 2004 Posted May 25, 2004 I personally like Jessica Simpson. She's ditzy, she knows it and she isnt afraid to show it. She hasnt dated married men like Britney spears. She's not nearly as hoochy-ish as Christina Aguilera. Yes she's beautiful with a gorgeous body and she's shown some skin... okay at times a lot of skin. LOL I still like her though b/c of her attitude. She is who she is and she isnt gonna let people change that. I think thats a good message for young girls to have. They dont have to be a certain way just b/c everyone else thinks its right. thats just my 2 cents though.
Luthien Posted May 25, 2004 Posted May 25, 2004 Who is she then? Sexed up Id say. And the man that Britany dated was not married, all he was was a "sperm donor" He got that girl from Moesha pregnant and runs around all the time. Purely entertainment is what they've made themselves, and thats how we should take them. Role models? I think not, Id rather have a rock be my kids role model.
P3chrmd Posted May 25, 2004 Posted May 25, 2004 I like Jessica Simpson...and she is christian...not catholic...although I wish she were!!! ...but I think that is WRONG for any of us to sit here and judge! Has Jesus taught us nothing Let He who is without sin cast the first stone! She has a beautiful voice that is a gift from God and atleast she acknowledges that...unlike some singers! GO JESSICA In Christ through Mary, Brandon V.
azaelia Posted May 25, 2004 Posted May 25, 2004 Alot of singers acknowledge God for all their gifts. Don't get me wrong, I love Jess, but I don't think that she should be exalted as a rolemodel for young Christians just because she says "God Bless you." when Nick sneezes.
Ash Wednesday Posted May 25, 2004 Posted May 25, 2004 As Charles Barkley said, "parents should be role models." Simpson is a good role model in some ways. In some ways, not. Part of that I blame on the times. I loved Debbie Gibson. She was my role model, (Catholic too) and I remember one of my teen friends who was athiest said it was cheezy that she wrote "and most of all, thanks to God" on her album. She and Tiffany were modest compared to now, and that was the late 80s!
CreepyCrawler Posted May 26, 2004 Posted May 26, 2004 [quote name='SacredTruth' date='May 25 2004, 02:52 PM'] I personally like Jessica Simpson. She's ditzy, she knows it and she isnt afraid to show it. She hasnt dated married men like Britney spears. She's not nearly as hoochy-ish as Christina Aguilera. Yes she's beautiful with a gorgeous body and she's shown some skin... okay at times a lot of skin. LOL I still like her though b/c of her attitude. She is who she is and she isnt gonna let people change that. I think thats a good message for young girls to have. They dont have to be a certain way just b/c everyone else thinks its right. thats just my 2 cents though. [/quote] but doesn't christina have the same attitude? she basically says F--- off to the world, i'm gonna do what i want and you all who think i'm a hootchie, sick freak are all just judgemental prudes. she definitely knows who she is and lives it. i don't think individualism for individualism's sake is valuable always. i think it's kind of strange that we're like, "well, she's not a bad as christina." there's a line between decency and indecency and no matter how far away from that line you get, you're indecent. so they both are. but christina has the better voice, by far
IloveJesus Posted May 26, 2004 Posted May 26, 2004 (edited) Why does she say, "Oh my gaww"? I haven't seen Newlyweds Season 2 only the first season. Edited May 26, 2004 by IloveJesus
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now