An Old School Catholic Message Board

Isn't More Gun Control The Obvious Solution? Yes, Yes It Is.

dairygirl4u2c

You can take a normative position and still work to get a society as asymptotically close to that vision as possible.  If you don't do that then what's the point of having any normative position at all?  

It pisses off the control freaks.

One can probably only get the fascination some people have with AR-type rifles, AK variants, and  similar weapons by shooting them.  If you enjoy shooting, they are incredible.

I mean you've said multiple times that we should abolish the fed and defended Ron Paul.  So you will venture to try to get society to move towards your vision.  I don't think that you are proposing a utopia but you are proposing a distinct vision of a more moral system.  Ok.  So how does that system deal with an issue like climate change?  What redress do 20 million people in Bangladesh who are going to be displaced by climate change have that doesn't involve government or infringing on the private property rights of Exon?  

I mean you've said multiple times that we should abolish the fed and defended Ron Paul.  So you will venture to try to get society to move towards your vision.  I don't think that you are proposing a utopia but you are proposing a distinct vision of a more moral system.  Ok.  So how does that system deal with an issue like climate change?  What redress do 20 million people in Bangladesh who are going to be displaced by climate change have that doesn't involve government or infringing on the private property rights of Exon?  

Government is in partnership with Exxon.

Why not abolish the Fed? It's a monopoly. Get rid of legal tender laws, permit competing currency. What's the worry?

attachicon.gifguns.jpg

What's really interesting about this is that the number of American military deaths in Afghanistan went way up after Obama was elected.  Coincidence?

What's really interesting about this is that the number of American military deaths in Afghanistan went way up after Obama was elected.  Coincidence?

Fixing to put in the time to research all the events?

Obviously, more gun control is a good solution.  At this point I can only think that anti gun-control activists are either ignorant or power hungry. There doesn't seem to be any other possibility here.

Haha - whatevs.  From someone who really didn't know which side of this debate was the right option, you've clearly been beaten in this debate.

Fixing to put in the time to research all the events?

Honestly, if I had that kind of time, I wouldn't spend it doing that.  

I won't spend it trying to further belittle our president, either.  Just thought it was odd.

dairygirl4u2c

"Haha - whatevs.  From someone who really didn't know which side of this
debate was the right option, you've clearly been beaten in this debate."

id ask you to put your money where your mouth is and debate me, but youd clearly be in over your head. go ahead and try to debate me, make a fool of yourself.

ive clearly shown that background checks save lives, and that other checks work too, see the australia and japan points. my basic idea that more control would work is all i needed to show and that current controls should be kepy... and i past it with flying colors.

the only debates i havent won is from someone with crackpot views, premises, like from winchester.

there are still way too many unaddressed points, stats and arguments. i just assume people cant respond with anything compelling.

i accept title of victor in this debate.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

You're right, I can't debate with you.  I'd make a fool of myself.  I'm not nearly knowledgeable enough in the subject. :)

You Dairygirl are confronting the immovable fact that something very odd, very frightened, and very irrational has replaced conservatism in North America. No point in engaging. Just pray.

KnightofChrist

You Dairygirl are confronting the immovable fact that something very odd, very frightened, and very irrational has replaced conservatism in North America. No point in engaging. Just pray.

BOO! *scary face*

dairygirl4u2c

then why would you say ive clearly been beaten if you dont know everything that's been said or have nothing to add?

aint no point actin like you are tryin to take some moral high ground, humoring me with something you must beleive is untrue (a lie)..... if you dont want to debate just say so. 

not sure why u wouldnt debate though.

you must really think you have decent arguments and know what you're talking about. it'd be nice to prove it all wrong.
i genuinely would like to educate you, cause its clear to me you have no idea what you are talking about even tough you seem to think you
do. i can only assume you havent read or comprehended the debate thus far.

maybe on a subconcious level you know gun control makes a difference, and you just dont want to admit it? .

not sure what to make of it all

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

KnightofChrist

D.g. His wife just had a baby, crazy thought, but that could be a factor in not wanting to debate you.

Anyway you lose most of your debates. No reason to all upset because this one was no different.

I said frightened not frightening, though it can be that too. :p

It's called marginalization. Edited by KnightofChrist