An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Have A Confession To Make

Strictlyinkblot

Strictlyinkblot

I'm hoping to enter a Dominican monastery. Yes, its a completely different to what I talked about before on here. I don't want to put up the name of the monastery just yet, I will once I'm accepted and have an entrance date. I'm just waiting for my psychological assessment.

So much is going wrong the past few months but I pray God will allow me to enter in October. I really want to enter on St. Therese's feast day. She's helped me so much. When I was on my live-in with my community I walked into the novitiate community room and she was there, looking straight at me from her picture on the wall. And I was given a rose in the birthday gift I was given.

Oh did the colorful Redemptoristine habit give you such a headache  that you ended up in all white to counterbalance???  Seems an extreme reaction.

Perhaps I am focusing on peripherals ...

Strictlyinkblot

Thanks everyone. I just hope and pray that I get there.

Believe me, Krissylou, no one was more shocked then me when I finally realised where God was leading me.

So much is going wrong the past few months

I am not a Carmelite, so I don't say this lightly: It's probably the Devil making things go wrong. You would not believe how many of the sisters I interviewed had bizarre, horrible, freaky things happen right before entrance. Some of them went on for months: serious temptations, panic attacks, totally improbable strings of events, etc. Some of them happened right before entrance: car accidents, sudden long illnesses, ex-loves calling out of the blue, etc. I asked several abbesses and vocation directresses about this phenomenon, and they agreed that it's common. There's nuthin' the Devil loves more than ruining a vocation to religious life.

I'd be talkin' to St. Michael if I were you.

A lot.

Strictlyinkblot
I am not a Carmelite, so I don't say this lightly: It's probably the Devil making things go wrong. You would not believe how many of the sisters I interviewed had bizarre, horrible, freaky things happen right before entrance. Some of them went on for months: serious temptations, panic attacks, totally improbable strings of events, etc. Some of them happened right before entrance: car accidents, sudden long illnesses, ex-loves calling out of the blue, etc. I asked several abbesses and vocation directresses about this phenomenon, and they agreed that it's common. There's nuthin' the Devil loves more than ruining a vocation to religious life.

I'd be talkin' to St. Michael if I were you.

A lot.

Funny you should say that, the Novice Mistress told me that the very fact that so much is going wrong is a sign I'm on the right path. And yes, St. Michael and I having a lot of conversations. I'm praying his chaplet a lot.

I certainly hope I'll be able to put up my countdown thread soon. I'm going over in April so hopefully I'll get my psychological assessment done then and that'll be everything on the application sorted.

Thanks everyone

Julie de Sales

I'm so happy for you!!  :dance5:  And I hope that your desire to enter on St Therese's feast day will be fulfilled. Regarding the fact that most candidates have to delay their entrance due to unexpected events, I propose you to read an extract from a letter sent by Blessed Mary of Jesus Deluil-Martiny to a young women who was in this case. It helped me a lot!

I sympathize deeply with the pain that must necessarily cause you waiting for your entry into religion, prolonged by Our Lord Himself, because it is caused, not by your will or your choice, but by the events of the Providence , as unexpected and as painful that we can not change. Convince yourselves, dear child, that everything is for the good of those who love God. These events, these unexpected crosses carry with them a grace that the suffering communicates to us, which is more profitable to our souls that the immediate realization of our most holy desires. We must know how to moderate all, and you're not the first God, one way or another, stops at the edge of the Promised Land and slows down by the delay. A vocation is what it costs, usually: to present yourself, to be accepted, to endure some inner struggles and some small opposition of the family, what is all this in order to purchase the great grace of entering and perseviring in religion ? ... Then God gives another trial; sometimes it is the altered health that extends the waiting time almost to the point of being afraid of never arriving. At other times, the family wakes up suddenly and requires new time, or a bereavement pushes everything back, given the desolation and the entourage demands, etc.. etc.. Meanwhile, the small plant’s roots grow, the heart warms in holy desires, the soul is purified by renouncing his small retreat plans, the vocation straightens and matures, it is a great benefit. Leave it to God when it is He who delays the fulfillment of our wishes, there is nothing to fear and much to gain. Or, God acts in the most direct way by the events of his Providence, who are beyond our control, such as illness, death, etc.. 

Strictlyinkblot

Julie de Sales, thank you for posting that. Its consoling. And thanks for the prayers everyone. Prayers are always needed

Mary+Immaculate<3

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="curiousing" data-cid="2531507" data-time="1357876733"><p>
I am not a Carmelite, so I don't say this lightly: It's probably the Devil making things go wrong. You would not believe how many of the sisters I interviewed had bizarre, horrible, freaky things happen right before entrance. Some of them went on for months: serious temptations, panic attacks, totally improbable strings of events, etc. Some of them happened <em class='bbc'>right</em> before entrance: car accidents, sudden long illnesses, ex-loves calling out of the blue, etc. I asked several abbesses and vocation directresses about this phenomenon, and they agreed that it's common. There's nuthin' the Devil loves more than ruining a vocation to religious life.<br />
<br />
I'd be talkin' to St. Michael if I were you.<br />
<br />
A lot.</p></blockquote>

Wow, I'm glad I saw this, because I am the kind of person who tends to take signs in the world as a way of God communicating with me. I'm sure the devil will want me to think I'm not called, or that I should wait, when and if I enter. That being said, I'm grateful for warning me, so I persevere towards religious life.

Catholicterp7

Strictly I spent a week with the Cloistered Dominicans in Farmington Hills MI a few years ago and it was one of the most amazing weeks of my life. I know it's not where God wants me for all my life but it is such a beautiful life to live! While I was there one of the Sisters gave me a Holy Card (If you send me your address I'd love to send it to you) that says "Cloistered Contemplative Dominican Women: Icons of the Paschal Mystery.  Tho our hands may not reach out to comfort by touch...Tho our feet may not go to places of need...tho our thoughts and desires are surrendered to Him Who is fast-knit to our hearts, We are wicks saturated with the Trinity's Mercy and Love...Brightly burning beacons silently preaching to all His people." 

The vocation to silently preach by your unceasing prayers is such a beautiful one! 

A friend of mine, a Missionary of Charity, wrote to me when I was doing my live-in "It is a noble vocation to be a cloistered Sister, please don't waver in it. Temptations will come, they must come for that is the only way we can prove our faithful love for Him." 

Don't lose hope or faith in these struggles! 

I'm praying for you a lot! 

JMJ+ :heart: 

Strictlyinkblot

Thank you so much for that Catholicterp7. I would love to get the prayer card if you don't mind giving it away. I do however live close to England so I don't know how much it would cost you to post it.