An Old School Catholic Message Board

Restoration Of 12th Century Monastery

emmaAntigonos

emmaAntigonos

Thought this might be of interest.

BTW, while I'm glad that  seasonal sprig of holly has been retired, since it would pop up smack in the middle of whatever I was reading, it seems that the latest adjustments to site format have necessitated my [hopefully temporary] return to my second nom de internet, so for the nonce I'm "emmaAntigonos".  Same angora rabbit, however :evil:   and, because of the snow in Jerusalem [quite unusual] that fell this week, still chilly :cold:  so the "fur" is welcome.

Thanks for the link!  I remember when those stones were in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco... I saw them when I was a kid and wondered WHAT they could be!

Some of them were put into a quiet space in the botanical garden in Golden Gate Park as well.... a fitting touch....

And... Lots of us are glad that 'Sister Holly' has left the building, Antigonos.   That thing just ... was irritating.  Maybe some lights next year?

And we are GLAD to see YOU!!!!

Snow in Jerusalem?!  Wow!

Edited by AnneLine

emmaAntigonos

http://www.timesofisrael.com/the-white-album/

It's already pretty much melted...but 4 inches here is a LOT.  This has been the worst storm since 1992, and was preceded by three days of very heavy rain, which was much appreciated, as we've had drought for 7 of the last 10 years.  The Sea of Galilee benefited greatly, and the spring melt of all the snow that fell on Mt. Hermon will make the water level even higher.

Christmas lights might be nice...I'd even live with some bouncing sheep, but I kept wanting to push that holly to the side!  Let's hope dUSt doesn't find any Easter eggs to clog up the monitor!

Or bouncing bunnies or cavorting chicks or some such silliness. YES! Agreed! and no blinking lights, pls dUSt....

So glad you are getting water, Antigonos. Drought is no fun....

Those photos are AMAZING.... How far north was the snowfall?

emmaAntigonos
Or bouncing bunnies or cavorting chicks or some such silliness. YES! Agreed! and no blinking lights, pls dUSt....

So glad you are getting water, Antigonos. Drought is no fun....

Those photos are AMAZING.... How far north was the snowfall?

Covered the whole country from the Lebanese border to Beersheba, with even a few flakes falling in Eilat.

And now, back to the regularly scheduled programming...

One of my very favorite places is the Cloisters Museum in New York.  Rockefeller apparently bought the buildings -- it consists of parts of 5 different medieval buildings and abbeys -- because the Europeans thought it was a cheap way to get rid of the "junk".  I would often go on Saturdays and just sit in one of the wings and listen to the concerts of medieval music, and in the past few years, when visiting my son in NY, I'd take my iPod and listen to Gregorian chant there.