An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kiddo Going To College!

Groo the Wanderer

Groo the Wanderer

Such an emotional roller coaster...

One part of me is so darned excited for her. She's going to Texas A&M in August, majoring in biochemistry and minoring in Spanish to prepare for medical school. 

Another part of me is weepy because she is my only child and the house will seem so empty. I am going to be a wreck. She says she'll come home every weekend to do laundry and stuff, but I know that will last about a month.

A third part of me is terrified at the bills that will start rolling in (trying to avoid student loans like the plague). This part keeps pestering her to apply for every scholarship out there we can find.

The last part of me is resigned since I have put the whole thing in God's hands. All according to His will.

Gig 'em Aggies!    :cowboy:

Groo the Wanderer

Are there any Phatmass scholarships? Like 1 free taco coupon once a month or sumthin?  Starving college kids need all the help they can get

just askin....

:noevil: My daughter is a junior. I don't want to think about it....

Just think... I'm your daughter's age. I'm already applying for scholarships.

AND Groo! Tell her to get involved with Texas A&M's 1Flesh chapter. I know a few people that would love to be her friend. Texas A&M is big even in this state. Mostly because it's only a few hours away. They are a banging school.