An Old School Catholic Message Board

Emilyann's Tea And Biscuits

EmilyAnn

1403717_10202634026192983_1697187520_o.j

I can't seem to make that smaller....but it makes me laugh.

NOW THAT is the perfect theme for the 3rd week of Advent!!!!!!!!

Re the wedding stuff I totally agree, some weddings are out of control. My sister is having a "small" wedding but it is still really expensive. However she wants the day not to be about her but about celebrating the start of their life as a married couple and sharing that with family and friends.

I have sung as part of a choir at a couple of weddings and both of the brides were former choir members. I felt it was an honor to share in their day, especially because the weddings were kind of small. It was great to see that they wanted the choir there because it had been a major part of their lives. Plus both brides have really good taste in choral music. So there is a "perk" of being part of a choir, you can probably convince the choir to sing at your wedding!

Merry Christmas! 

I hope you all had a good Christmas Day. This year I was at home with just my mother and my sister - me and my sister did all the cooking and despite having to borrow my grandfather's oven (ours is tiny and he was away!) it was delicious, so a good success. It was lovely and relaxing, which was just what we all needed. 

Christmas is my favourite liturgical season. :)

• 2 months later...

A little bit of thread necromancy here but it's my thread so I make the rules. :P 

Lurking in FranciscanHeart's thread I was somewhat inspired. I'm not quite brave enough to make a whole thread but I realise now it's important for me to be honest. 

I am bisexual. 

Do with that information what you will. Only a few people have known until now, and I'm sure not that many are interested enough in my life to read this topic but it's a little step at least. I realised reading FranciscanHeart's topic that no matter what I've told myself in the past, being open about it as a faithful Catholic really is important. 

I really don't know how to end this post so here's a Smurf:  :smurf:

At the end of the day we are all still children of God. 

Its too bad that so many people DO judge others when hearing that they are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender etc. 

All you can do is just be happy with who you are and ignore the haters.

Thanks CrossCut :) 

I think a lot of people are always going to look at others and judge them. I'm sure there are Catholics who would read this and think I'm unfaithful to the teachings of the Church (Which is absolutely not true. Didn't get my Church Militant for nothing), and non-Catholics who will think I'm a crazy masochist for being faithful to the Church. At the end of the day, I'm accountable to God not them. 

Agreed.  It is how much you love God and the good you do that God will be asking you about when the time comes!

Thanks CrossCut :)

I think a lot of people are always going to look at others and judge them. I'm sure there are Catholics who would read this and think I'm unfaithful to the teachings of the Church (Which is absolutely not true. Didn't get my Church Militant for nothing), and non-Catholics who will think I'm a crazy masochist for being faithful to the Church. At the end of the day, I'm accountable to God not them. 

Its all good.

Ive been told Im a bad Catholic on multiple occasions on this website from people who are likely just very angry and confused with themselves. Youre right, you have no one to answer to but God.