MissScripture Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 So, what are everyone's plans for Lent this year?
eagle_eye222001 Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 Current plan is to "Don't figure out what I'm doing after it starts like I did last year".........ooops. :paperbag:
MissScripture Posted January 29, 2013 Author Posted January 29, 2013 And that would be why I posted this thread. I am trying not to do that this year. :hehe:
MissyP89 Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 Sweets. Makeup. And I'm going to try to act like a lady. :|
PhuturePriest Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 Pray an hour a day minimum, read the Bible half an hour a day minimum, read a book an hour a day minimum, sleep on the floor every night (Except for Sunday nights), fast on Fridays, not go on the internet or do anything technology-related until five in the afternoon (Except quickly looking at important messages), and that's all I have so far. I don't want it to be too lax, so I'm trying to think of other things to add.
jazzytakara Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 I want to improve my spiritual life and aim at overcoming some vices I have been struggling with. Since I am able to go to confession (aiming for late this week or early next week for my first confession)it will start Lent off nicely. Does anyone have any advice for increasing/improving prayer life. Also plan on fasting on Friday's and trying to attend weekly mass. There a few other things I would like to do, this is my last Lent as a 'protestant' after all..yay confirmation this Easter!
Anastasia13 Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 Pray an hour a day minimum, read the Bible half an hour a day minimum, read a book an hour a day minimum, sleep on the floor every night (Except for Sunday nights), fast on Fridays, not go on the internet or do anything technology-related until five in the afternoon (Except quickly looking at important messages), and that's all I have so far. I don't want it to be too lax, so I'm trying to think of other things to add. God bless you.
Groo the Wanderer Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 Fasting on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday. Abstaining from meat on all Fridays. Maybe be nicer to FP...but I don't wanna over-commit.
GeorgiiMichael Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 I'm hoping to stick to a bland, bare minimum diet. I intend for most of my caloric intake to be comprised of hard-tack, which I'll make myself. With some roasted chick peas for protein, and a salad for dinner every night for all those important vitamins. Meat is right out. I'm thinking about making a recipe for "Lembas" bread that I've found, and having a piece of that every day but Fridays. I'll probably also eat one fewer square of hard-tack on Fridays. Also, water only to drink. I don't want to go crash diet and not get the nutrients I need, but I recognize that I eat a lot of crap that I don't need. It's an intense fast, but what better way to die to one's self than to go without tasty and excess food? So I've clearly got my fasting down pretty well. It's my prayer and alms-giving that I'm having trouble with...
Nihil Obstat Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 Man, I cannot believe it is already past Septuagesima. Crazy.
EmilyAnn Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 Can I wait until after Lent to decide like last year? Last year I was going to give up alcohol but my birthday falls right in the middle of Lent so......
homeschoolmom Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 Do things that I don't want to do, but that are right to do, and that I want to want to do. Purge stuff from every room in my house. Pray while doing so.
Lil Red Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 i have no freakin' idea. :pinch: nothing that i've thought about sounds "right", ya know what i mean?
Basilisa Marie Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 Probably keep my apartment clean. No dishes overnight in the sink, clothes in the laundry basket, pounding all the adult habits into my self that I've let go. :)
Tony Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 i have no freakin' idea. :pinch: nothing that i've thought about sounds "right", ya know what i mean? I know exactly what you mean.
arfink Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 Pray an hour a day minimum, read the Bible half an hour a day minimum, read a book an hour a day minimum, sleep on the floor every night (Except for Sunday nights), fast on Fridays, not go on the internet or do anything technology-related until five in the afternoon (Except quickly looking at important messages), and that's all I have so far. I don't want it to be too lax, so I'm trying to think of other things to add. Um, and you think this is lax? :|
Lil Red Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 Pray an hour a day minimum, read the Bible half an hour a day minimum, read a book an hour a day minimum, sleep on the floor every night (Except for Sunday nights), fast on Fridays, not go on the internet or do anything technology-related until five in the afternoon (Except quickly looking at important messages), and that's all I have so far. I don't want it to be too lax, so I'm trying to think of other things to add. :unsure: i'm kinda worried about this. I mean, good for you for trying, but doing so much tends to get one burned out spiritually, ya know. what about starting with one thing, and every week adding another thing? that way you won't get burned out. I know exactly what you mean. thankfully i'm not the only one!
To Jesus Through Mary Posted January 29, 2013 Posted January 29, 2013 I have been rolling a few ideas around of things to add, but for sure sweets. But I don't want Lent to be just like another diet for me. idk Pray an hour a day minimum, read the Bible half an hour a day minimum, read a book an hour a day minimum, sleep on the floor every night (Except for Sunday nights), fast on Fridays, not go on the internet or do anything technology-related until five in the afternoon (Except quickly looking at important messages), and that's all I have so far. I don't want it to be too lax, so I'm trying to think of other things to add. Hope you run all that by your spiritual director.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now