An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Come And See

nikita92

Hi everyone! I thought that I would let you all know how it went with my visit with the Sisters of St.Rita. The convent and grounds were covered in snow and was just beautiful and serene! I am in awe of it, because it is designed like a atrium, very open and airy. It has two floors w/12 rooms and is circular. Their chapel is beautiful with wonderful stained glass. We had a full schedule starting at 6:50 (not to early)for morning prayers, breakfast, clean-up and then starting of planned activities. The sisters have a German sister staying with them.(from the motherhouse in Wurzberg) She is the formation director for 2 yr novices. So there was 3 sisters all together. I learned the history of St.Rita of Cascia and all about the history of the sisters and where they settled and why. Can you say pioneers?! St.Rita's church is one of the most beautiful I have seen! The priest was very warm and welcoming to us. The sisters were very accommodating,generous,pretty outgoing, spiritual,faith filled true to their vocation. I believe they will have a postulant discerning with them soon. She was on her 2-week live in when I was there. Ok..personally...I perceived a situation that I doubt will resolve itself, so it pains me to say...I probably wouldn't make the best fit with them. However, they are open and really could use a few good women to join their Augustine health care/family community! I still am looking....

I am glad to hear that you had a nice visit in spite of the difficulties.  I really hope I can visit there either at the end of May or early June.  Sr. Angelica and I, both, have a lot going on but I hope there is free time somewhere.  I told her it would have to be after the semester because I am EXTREMELY busy with homework (full-time college student).  :)

VeniJesuAmorMi

Prayers for your continued searching. I hope your time there will help with your discernment with other communities. I have heard from many who have entered a community that when they got there for a visit they just knew that is where they were supposed to be. Its something to look forward to; I know I certainly am. The Holy Spirit will let us know in some way that we have found our place. Usually I have heard that there is a peace and a feeling of home.  :)

Thank you both! I would recommend these sisters in a heartbeat. They are muched loved at St.Monica's as well!o;-)

I hadn't seen this thread, Nikita!   

Thanks for letting us know so much about the Sisters of St. Rita.   Someone will no doubt benefit from your first-hand pheedback....

Sounds like you had a good discernment visit, even though God showed you it isn't where He wants you.  We'll just keep praying for you to find the place He has waiting for you....