An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscan Sisters Of The Eucharist

Kylie Spinelli

Kylie Spinelli

THESE ONES:  http://www.franciscansoftheeucharist.com/

Hmmmm... I have this strong attraction to orders that revolve around the Eucharist. This one is very interesting... But I am a bit confused. Are there only 4 Sisters?!?!

Is anyone discerning them or does anyone have any information about them (History, apostolate, etc.)? They seem very new, but a nice order so far!

Are they CMSWR or in communion with the Church?

Just trying to learn more!

Thank you and God Bless!

Kylie Spinelli

They are in communion with Rome. The reason they're so small is that they are very new. 

JMJ+ :heart:

How new? 1, 2 years? They're beautiful! I can't wait to learn more about them!

I'm a little confused.  I've seen this order before and they're clearly Franciscan but I never knew that was the name of their order.  When I saw this thread and clicked on the link for the order, I was expecting to see this:

fse065.jpg

This order is also the Franciscan Sisters of the Eucharist.  I don't know if these two orders are in any way related.

be_thou_my_vision

The first community is called "Franciscans of the Eucharist." They are very new... I want to say 2 years or so.

The second community is called "Franciscan Sisters of the Eucharist." They are a lot older. They actually separated from the "Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration," not to be confused with the "Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration."

The Franciscans of the Eucharist are not related to the Franciscan Sisters of the Eucharist.

Sorry if this is confusing! All the franciscans in the world... hahhaha!

They are wonderful! The Sisters are so loving and easy to talk to. The work they do in a very poor neighborhood of Chicago is admirable... to say the least. Here's a thread on them, http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/121397-franciscans-of-the-eucharist-chicago/

And Sr. Alicia is in the new Imagine Sisters Light of Love trailer (probably you already saw this :))

http://youtu.be/B6CLeApNY8Y

I love that their founder is a Franciscan Friar of the Renewal.  Anything connected to the CFRs is alright by me!  ;)

The first community is called "Franciscans of the Eucharist." They are very new... I want to say 2 years or so.

The second community is called "Franciscan Sisters of the Eucharist." They are a lot older. They actually separated from the "Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration," not to be confused with the "Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration."

The Franciscans of the Eucharist are not related to the Franciscan Sisters of the Eucharist.

Sorry if this is confusing! All the franciscans in the world... hahhaha!

I'm followin ya :like: I didn't know the Franciscan Sisters of the Eucharist split off from the FSPA (again not to be confused with Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration) To make things even more confusing, there are also the Sisters of St. Francis of the Holy Eucharist, http://www.osfholyeucharist.org/

I wonder actually if the title of this thread might be changed to "Franciscans of the Eucharist" just to keep things clear. Anyway :)

AwedbyHisGrace

THESE ONES:  http://www.franciscansoftheeucharist.com/

Hmmmm... I have this strong attraction to orders that revolve around the Eucharist. This one is very interesting... But I am a bit confused. Are there only 4 Sisters?!?!

Is anyone discerning them or does anyone have any information about them (History, apostolate, etc.)? They seem very new, but a nice order so far!

Are they CMSWR or in communion with the Church?

Just trying to learn more!

Thank you and God Bless!

I found out about this order a while ago too. They seem amazing! I'm very attracted to orders that revolve around the Eucharist too. Plus they teach and work with the poor :love:

Kylie Spinelli

I found out about this order a while ago too. They seem amazing! I'm very attracted to orders that revolve around the Eucharist too. Plus they teach and work with the poor :love:

My attraction exactly... 
I was very surprised to find they only have like, 4 sisters! How unique!

I want to learn more about them... I never really "clicked" with Franciscans, but these ones really appeal to me for some reason. And I REALLY love orders that are centered around the Eucharist as well, b/c it is my favorite thing in the world <3 <3

Thanks for all your replies!

GB+

FutureSister2009

I love that they're going to be in the Light of Love film. That's going to be a great way to promote them. New Orders, especially ones dedicated to the Eucharist are great!

AwedbyHisGrace

I never really "clicked" with Franciscans, but these ones really appeal to me for some reason.  

Me neither, (although I love love love St Francis, he is one of my favourite saints), I've always found myself more drawn to Augustinian and Dominican spirituality... but when I saw this order I was immediately drawn. Looked through their entire website and tried finding all the info I could... because it just seemed so awesome! :)

I love that they're going to be in the Light of Love film. That's going to be a great way to promote them. New Orders, especially ones dedicated to the Eucharist are great!

I'm so excited for that film! And for this order (and other new orders) too- it'll be so cool to see what God will do and how it will grow (:

My attraction exactly... 
I was very surprised to find they only have like, 4 sisters! How unique!

I want to learn more about them... I never really "clicked" with Franciscans, but these ones really appeal to me for some reason. And I REALLY love orders that are centered around the Eucharist as well, b/c it is my favorite thing in the world <3 <3

Thanks for all your replies!

GB+

The Eucharist isn't exclusively Franciscan obviously, but Franciscan communities tend to have a heavy emphasis on the Eucharist/Adoration.

My friend is a 2nd year novice in a Franciscan community, and she didn't particularly feel drawn to or know too much about Franciscan spirituality before she entered. She just fell in love with the community, but as she's gone through formation, she's grown in knowledge and love of Franciscan spirituality.