BeenaBobba Posted May 26, 2004 Posted May 26, 2004 I've been watching [i]American Idol[/i] this season. I honestly liked it better last year, though. I was more excited about seeing if Ruben or Clay would win. I didn't even watch it last night, although I will more than likely watch it tonight to see who'll win. Fantasia and Diana are both good singers, but if I had to choose, I hope that Fantasia wins because she has more of an R&B voice, and R&B is the type of music that I like. Sure, Fantasia is a single mom, but it would have been all too easy for her to have had an abortion. She chose life, and that's awesome. Having premarital sex is never a good idea, and that was bad on her part, but people can and do make mistakes. What's important is that they get back up and take responsibility for their actions. Fantasia kept her child, so she owned up to her actions. I really can't hold it against her for dropping out of high school because I dropped out of high school, and I don't know her reasons for doing so. I wasn't a bad kid by any means. I was actually in honors classes in high school, but through a series of circumstances, I chose to drop out. So, yeah, people make mistakes, but I don't think they should be judged by the actions in their pasts, most especially if they've changed and/or regret what they did. And from what I know, Fantasia claims to be a Christian. So, we'll see what becomes on her... God bless, Jen
BeenaBobba Posted May 26, 2004 Posted May 26, 2004 [quote name='P3chrmd' date='May 26 2004, 01:12 AM'] and as far as Fantasia being a good role model...she is ONE HELL OF A ROLE MODEL....sure she is a single mother...but she has so much love in her heart and she ALWAYS puts God before anything/anyone else when she is giving her thanks! In the times we are living in...trust me SHE IS A ROLE MODEL! [/quote] Haha. I didn't see her audition. But I do a good impression of her singing.
ilovechrist Posted May 26, 2004 Posted May 26, 2004 [quote name='hopeful1' date='May 25 2004, 10:12 PM'] SHE BANGS SHE BANGS! OH BABY SHE MOVES SHE MOVES! [/quote] his cd came out... 15 tracks of CARP! i can't stand it.
lil bull 04 Posted May 26, 2004 Posted May 26, 2004 [color=purple]Diana's voice could be used as a car alarm! go FANTASIA!!!!!!!!!!!![/color]
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted May 26, 2004 Posted May 26, 2004 Diana has a very beautiful voice! Where's your charity at, man?!
VeraMaria Posted May 26, 2004 Posted May 26, 2004 I haven't watched american idol since forever....actually, I only watched it once ot twice...
P3chrmd Posted May 27, 2004 Author Posted May 27, 2004 I KNOW MAN! I was soooo excited...I had my rosary saying my hail marys!!! THANK YOU GOD! She worked hard and she won! :balloons: :balloons: :balloons:
cantstopdancin9 Posted May 27, 2004 Posted May 27, 2004 the only episodes I watch of american idol are the 1st to see all the funny people and the last to see who wins.
Dave Posted May 27, 2004 Posted May 27, 2004 Fantasia was great, but so was Diana ... then again, she's a Georgia girl and not TOO far from my hometown. I bet she's Catholic too, in which case I'd know which parish she attends!
Winchester Posted May 27, 2004 Posted May 27, 2004 Not particularly impressed with the performances of either. Too much vocal gymnastics for my taste. Been done, been done been done. Rather see a contest of bands with songwriting not so sappy.
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted May 29, 2004 Posted May 29, 2004 [quote name='P3chrmd' date='May 27 2004, 12:01 AM'] I KNOW MAN! I was soooo excited...I had my rosary saying my hail marys!!! THANK YOU GOD! She worked hard and she won! :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: [/quote] Diana also worked very hard. Don't forget the fact that Diana not only had rehearsals, but she also had all of her schoolwork to do, too. Yes, Fantasia is a very good singer, but so is Diana. Both deserves many props!
Cesar624 Posted May 29, 2004 Posted May 29, 2004 [quote name='the_rev' date='May 25 2004, 05:05 PM'] Fantasia is no role model, in a newspaper article this morning, it stated she dropped out of high school. [/quote] Umm...that means nothing. You don't know WHY she dropped out of High School. She seems like an awesome person, I hope God blesses her in everything she does.
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted May 29, 2004 Posted May 29, 2004 Did you ever notice that on her trip home, that it was with the [b]church[/b] family that she spent her time with?
musturde Posted May 29, 2004 Posted May 29, 2004 American Idol is only watched by American Idolizers (in other words Catholics) .
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now