Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Your Favorite Saint?


Recommended Posts

Posted

St. Moses the Black ^_^

Posted

St. Gregory Palamas and St. Ignatios of Antioch

Posted

Prophet Elijah ("With zeal have I been zealous for the Lord God of hosts." "See, your son lives.")

 

My confirmation saint, Elizabeth of the Visitation ("Who am I, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?")

 

Peter ("Depart from me, Lord; I am a sinful man." "You are the Christ, the son of the Living God." "Lord, you know that I love you.")

 

Martha ("If you had been here I know my brother would not have died.")

 

Mary Magdalene ("Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" "Jesus said to her, 'Mary'. She turned herself and cried out, 'Rabboni', which means 'Teacher'.")

 

Isaac the Syrian ("Question: When is a person sure of having arrived at purity? Answer: When that person considers all human beings are good, and no created thing appears impure or defiled. Then a person is truly pure in heart." "Make peace with yourself, and then heaven and earth will make peace with you.")

 

St John of the Cross ("Where there is no love, put love, and there will be love.")

 

Elizabeth of the Trinity ("Mother of God, tell me your mystery / Of how your earthly life was spent...Say how - in a peace, a silence - you could enter in / To deeps that none but you could do / Bearing the gift of God within...Amo Christum.")

 

Bernadette of Lourdes ("I want to stay poor." "Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for me, a poor sinner. A poor sinner.")

 

Charles de Foucauld ("The one thing we owe absolutely to God is never to be afraid of anything.")

 

Maximilian Kolbe ("The most deadly poison of our time is indifference." "Beyond armies of occupation and  the hetacombs of extermination camps, there are two irreconcilable enemies in the depth of every soul: good and evil, sin and love. And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?" "I want to die for that man.")

Posted

Prophet Elijah ("With zeal have I been zealous for the Lord God of hosts." "See, your son lives.")

 

My confirmation saint, Elizabeth of the Visitation ("Who am I, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?")

 

Peter ("Depart from me, Lord; I am a sinful man." "You are the Christ, the son of the Living God." "Lord, you know that I love you.")

 

Martha ("If you had been here I know my brother would not have died.")

 

Mary Magdalene ("Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" "Jesus said to her, 'Mary'. She turned herself and cried out, 'Rabboni', which means 'Teacher'.")

 

Isaac the Syrian ("Question: When is a person sure of having arrived at purity? Answer: When that person considers all human beings are good, and no created thing appears impure or defiled. Then a person is truly pure in heart." "Make peace with yourself, and then heaven and earth will make peace with you.")

 

St John of the Cross ("Where there is no love, put love, and there will be love.")

 

Elizabeth of the Trinity ("Mother of God, tell me your mystery / Of how your earthly life was spent...Say how - in a peace, a silence - you could enter in / To deeps that none but you could do / Bearing the gift of God within...Amo Christum.")

 

Bernadette of Lourdes ("I want to stay poor." "Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for me, a poor sinner. A poor sinner.")

 

Charles de Foucauld ("The one thing we owe absolutely to God is never to be afraid of anything.")

 

Maximilian Kolbe ("The most deadly poison of our time is indifference." "Beyond armies of occupation and  the hetacombs of extermination camps, there are two irreconcilable enemies in the depth of every soul: good and evil, sin and love. And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?" "I want to die for that man.")

Ash Wednesday
Posted (edited)

Besides the Blessed Mother...

St. Pius X... born on his feast day. He also fought heresy, didn't mess around. But also advocated frequent communion and had compassion for the poor. With a name like Giuseppe Sarto and papal motto "ignis ardens" (ardent fire), what's not to love?

St. Monica...confirmation saint. I was inspired by her persistence as she prayed for her son, Augustine. He turned out all right.

St. Jude...bails me out so many times....

Also keenly interested in mystics.
St. Pio
St. Hildegard Von Bingen
St. Teresa of Avila

Blessed John Paul...
St. Peter. I could always relate to him because he made mistakes and struck me as a bit of a bumbler but nonetheless was selected by Jesus to lead and in the end died a martyr.


I could go on!

Edited by Ash Wednesday
Posted

I can't count the number of times I've answered this but I'll answer again just for the heck of it (and because it's fun):

 

St. Elizabeth of the Visitation (my most favorite)

Bl. John Paul II (he is my patron saint this year)

St. Augustine of Hippo (I love his writings)

St. Therese of Lisieux (she inspired me to discern religious life)

Bl. Jerzy Popieluszko (his story is very much like Christ's)

St. Rose of Lima (I admire her for her courage)

St. Faustina Kowalska (I am very devoted to Divine Mercy)

 

I love our Blessed Mother very much but I cannot put her on the same level as the saints.  She is so much more than a saint -- she's the Mother of God!  ;)

 


I cannot believe I forgot to mention a few!  Gah!

 

St. Anne, mother of Our Lady (I was born on the feast of St. Anne and St. Joachim, she is my Confirmation saint)

St. Maximilian Kolbe (baptized on August 14th, 1983 which is his feast day; I also made the Total Consecration using his prayer)

St. Gemma Galgani (she was so courageous and I love the photos which show her total love and ecstasy in prayer)

Bl. Imelda Lambertini (to live and die for the Eucharist!  what a model of prayer!)

St. Francis of Assisi (who could forget the Little Poverello?)

franciscanheart
Posted

Why are you people making lists? Favorite implies one. JUST ONE.

St. Thomas Aquinas.

PhuturePriest
Posted

Why are you people making lists? Favorite implies one. JUST ONE.

St. Thomas Aquinas.

 

I'm not decisive enough to have *one* favorite. Therefore, I have a list.

Posted

OK. If I'm forced to pick, Bl. Charles.

FutureSister2009
Posted

Hmmm if I'm forced to pick then I have to pick St. Therese. But that doesn't mean  I don't love the other Saints on my list just as much!

Posted

I got an Uber Crush on St. Joan Of Arc!!  :heart:  :love:  

Posted

If forced to pick just one, it would be Bl. John Paul II.  He is my patron saint of the year and I love him dearly.  :)

ToJesusMyHeart
Posted

As of now, Padre Pio,

 

Will probs change next week.

Posted

 St. Ignatios of Antioch

 

Yes, my favorite Early Church Father. A disciple of the Apostle John, ordained by St. Peter, and one of the first Christians fed to the lions in the Coliseum.

 

St. Ignatius pray for us.  :pope2:

 

 

Also, being Irish I love St. Patrick.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...