Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

someone asked me today if it's a sin for a catholic to get a tattoo. I'm pretty sure i answered it right (although i admit i may be wrong), but he seemed surprised when i told him that it wasn't but it depends on the intention of the individual. Is this right?

Posted

I've answered this one before and it seems to me that we need to have a good understanding of the dignity of the human person. The body is a temple that needs to be respected. Do tatoos add to that dignity? No. God gives us natural tatoos, they are called birth marks.

Now, I must say that I do not think it is a grave sin unless the intent is to mar the body.

I have one. I regret it.

Fr. Pontifex

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...