An Old School Catholic Message Board

Diane Rehm On "the Transition At The Vatican" (npr)

franciscanheart

franciscanheart

Did anyone hear The Diane Rehm Show this morning? They talked for the first hour about the Pope's resignation. If you heard the show, what were your thoughts?

(I was ticked off for most of it. I shot off several tweets to the show expressing my frustration. I'm considering writing a more in depth response via email later today.)

Show here: http://thedianerehmshow.org/audio-player?nid=17372

I cannot STAND Diane Rehm or anything about her! I didn't hear the show, but I'm glad I didn't. And I won't look up the transcript online, either.

(Diane Rehm hosts a talk show on NPR. It's called The Diane Rehm Show. You can look it up on at www.npr.org. But I would counsel against doing so - why bother?

GeorgiiMichael

Her son is the provost at my alma mater!

I haven't listened to this episode of her show, but I imagine that she and her son don't share political or religious opinions because I went to a Catholic school pretty intent on maintaining it's Catholic Identity.

Her son is the provost at my alma mater!

I haven't listened to this episode of her show, but I imagine that she and her son don't share political or religious opinions because I went to a Catholic school pretty intent on maintaining it's Catholic Identity.

30750848.jpg

Lilllabettt

i listen to npr constantly. Diane is the only one I sometimes have to turn off. I have heard her make a number of thoughtless and/or ignorant comments over the years about Catholics, Mormons, Muslims, Jews.

Evangetholic

"Jesus is like cool. And he never like judged any body and like priests molest kids and like the pope makes people kiss his ring."--That One Guy

Evangetholic

I think it's sad that that nun hasn't be kept away from the Blessed Sacrament (for her own good). I think it's sad that neither of the priests on the panel just simply said "The Church is a Divine Institution. Her actual teachings will not, can not, dare not change."