the171 Posted March 1, 2013 Posted March 1, 2013 Please tell me you're being facetious! Has Voris become some kind of scapegoat? The Libs in the Church did a great job of demonizing the guy among ordinary Catholic folk. 1. Only partially facetious. This 'joke' was from one of his own videos. 2. I am not a liberal. 3. Liberals did not influence my opinion of Voris. Voris influenced my opinion of Voris. Carry on.
Apotheoun Posted March 1, 2013 Posted March 1, 2013 . . . There is a difference between antisemitism and negative attitudes towards Zionism and what I will call Judaism, but should really call Talmudic Religion. I said something similar in a thread several years ago: "It is important that Catholics not fall into theological indifferentism by confusing Rabbinic Judaism with Biblical Judaism, because the former is a corruption of the faith of Abraham, while the latter 'especially through the prophets' experienced a living relationship with the Logos of God in the power of the Holy Spirit." Quotation taken from the thread entitled: Us Catholic Leadership Invites Hindu Leader, post #59
Evangetholic Posted March 1, 2013 Posted March 1, 2013 I said something similar in a thread several years ago: "It is important that Catholics not fall into theological indifferentism by confusing Rabbinic Judaism with Biblical Judaism, because the former is a corruption of the faith of Abraham, while the latter 'especially through the prophets' experienced a living relationship with the Logos of God in the power of the Holy Spirit." Quotation taken from the thread entitled: Us Catholic Leadership Invites Hindu Leader, post #59 Correct. Even Orthodox Judaism, especially Orthodox Judaism, is only a collection of Christ denying cults. And I will not even begin to go into what the Talmud says about Him and the way the Charedeim, especially Chabad and other Chassidim curse His name (some refuse to even pronounce it they use Yeshu/Yashka when they have to say His Name--a fact which Reformed/Conservative/Modern Orthodox all deny, but that's because they all ignore the Talmud to an extent and do not pay attention to what Charedi Poskim are saying). And when I say Christ denying cults I mean it. In a purely naturalistic way, with no appeal to revelation, Pharasaical Judaism turned into non-Chassidic Judaism as reaction to the advent of Christianity and the destruction of the Temple. Then Chassids who make up most modern Charedim showed up in the 1700's as a kind of Pietistic movement (Catholicism, Islam, Protestantism, and Orthodoxy also saw the birth/expansion of Pietistic movements during this time too).
BG45 Posted March 1, 2013 Posted March 1, 2013 Fisheaters is fine. It does not really deserve the poor reputation it has here. It depends on the section of Fish Eaters. When they had a minecraft server going, they built an amazing cathedral in survival mode, with a high altar that puts my parish to shame, but even when the topic of say, the Novus Ordo, came up, it was a live and let live attitude. I really wish i'd gotten some screenshots before the host of the server shut it down (FE was just playing on it, they didn't run it).
BG45 Posted March 1, 2013 Posted March 1, 2013 1. Only partially facetious. This 'joke' was from one of his own videos. 2. I am not a liberal. 3. Liberals did not influence my opinion of Voris. Voris influenced my opinion of Voris. Carry on. You probably are to anyone who uses the pejorative "libs" to describe those they disagree with.
FutureCarmeliteClaire Posted March 1, 2013 Posted March 1, 2013 1. Only partially facetious. This 'joke' was from one of his own videos. 2. I am not a liberal. 3. Liberals did not influence my opinion of Voris. Voris influenced my opinion of Voris. Carry on. Lies. All lies, you liberal Episcopalian feminist you.
KnightofChrist Posted March 1, 2013 Posted March 1, 2013 I blame this on Michael Voris and his obsession with the 'Gay Mafia.' Maybe you have a crush on Voris, lolol, you just can't stop talking about him.
MIKolbe Posted March 1, 2013 Posted March 1, 2013 Maybe you have a crush on Voris, lolol, you just can't stop talking about him. 171 and Voris... sitting in a tree.... P O N T I F I C A T I N G
KnightofChrist Posted March 1, 2013 Posted March 1, 2013 That doesn't really fit rhythmically. :| Love doesn't have to live by your rules, it does what it wants!
xTrishaxLynnx Posted March 1, 2013 Posted March 1, 2013 :doh: How quickly this became a discussion about Voris and fisheaters/antisemitism and nothing to do with the OP.
Luigi Posted March 1, 2013 Posted March 1, 2013 (edited) We've known for some time now about the pedophile activity in the Church in America. Actually, the scandals involve very few priests, but they did a lot of damage over a long period of time. I don't want to get into a discussion of that here, because this OP focuses more on homosexuals and their leadership positions in the Church. I know a guy who studied at the North American College in Rome, back in the 70's I think. He maintains that they used to have a sign hanging in the main entrance that said something like: No Overtly Homosexual Activity Permitted. Which, to him, indicated that: 1. There was a problem with homosexual activity in the seminary; 2. The seminary leadership knew of it; 3. The seminary leadership didn't kick out the active homosexuals or send them back to the States; 4. Covert homosexual activity was still permitted. The guy I know eventually dropped out of the seminary and got married. In my own diocese, there is a sizeable number of gay diocesan priests. One of them was the brother of a guy I know - the priest (my friend's brother) died of pneumonia in June (that's a euphemism for AIDS). I didn't go to his wake, but another friend did - she came back absolutely aghast, saying, "I had no idea there were so many gay priests in the diocese!" But they all turned out for this wake and apparently made no effort to be discreet in their actions. Recently, there has been a pretty complete turnover in the leadership of the diocesan seminary, and some people say that's an effort to weed out the homosexual administration in the seminary ... but I don't actually know. I heard rumors about the sexual orientation of a former archbishop; those who told me the rumors thought that's why the homosexuals were running the seminary. Again, I don't know, but it does start to look like a pattern, and it would explain some things logically. Sean Cardinal O'Brien, the highest ranking prelate in Scotland, resigned over allegations of inappropriate behavior with other priests, and I was surprised by the speed with which he submitted his resignation (although he was nearly 75 already). He denied the claims, but I wouldn't say they were strong denials, either. Admittedly, neither my diocese, its seminary, the North American College, nor Edinburgh equate to the Vatican. But those examples do indicate that homosexuals have been in the priesthood for some time - long enough to work their way up to high levels of administration in the local seminary and in the North American College back in the 70's, and to the top of the diocesan administration of Edinburgh more recently. If that's true, then it's entirely possible that homosexuals clerics have achieved positions of leadership in other areas, even areas as large as nations, and of course Italy is a nation, which supplies a lot of the Vatican staff. In other words, as much as I would hate to know it, I won't be shocked if it comes out that there's a homosexual mafia in the Vatican. But I don't believe Benedict XVI was involved with it at all (other than having to deal with those in positions of authority). Edited March 1, 2013 by Luigi
Evangetholic Posted March 1, 2013 Posted March 1, 2013 You're not helping. :| I'm being deliberately obstructionist.
Noel's angel Posted March 1, 2013 Posted March 1, 2013 We've known for some time now about the pedophile activity in the Church in America. Actually, the scandals involve very few priests, but they did a lot of damage over a long period of time. I don't want to get into a discussion of that here, because this OP focuses more on homosexuals and their leadership positions in the Church. I know a guy who studied at the North American College in Rome, back in the 70's I think. He maintains that they used to have a sign hanging in the main entrance that said something like: No Overtly Homosexual Activity Permitted. Which, to him, indicated that: 1. There was a problem with homosexual activity in the seminary; 2. The seminary leadership knew of it; 3. The seminary leadership didn't kick out the active homosexuals or send them back to the States; 4. Covert homosexual activity was still permitted. The guy I know eventually dropped out of the seminary and got married. In my own diocese, there is a sizeable number of gay diocesan priests. One of them was the brother of a guy I know - the priest (my friend's brother) died of pneumonia in June (that's a euphemism for AIDS). I didn't go to his wake, but another friend did - she came back absolutely aghast, saying, "I had no idea there were so many gay priests in the diocese!" But they all turned out for this wake and apparently made no effort to be discreet in their actions. Recently, there has been a pretty complete turnover in the leadership of the diocesan seminary, and some people say that's an effort to weed out the homosexual administration in the seminary ... but I don't actually know. I heard rumors about the sexual orientation of a former archbishop; those who told me the rumors thought that's why the homosexuals were running the seminary. Again, I don't know, but it does start to look like a pattern, and it would explain some things logically. Sean Cardinal O'Brien, the highest ranking prelate in Scotland, resigned over allegations of inappropriate behavior with other priests, and I was surprised by the speed with which he submitted his resignation (although he was nearly 75 already). He denied the claims, but I wouldn't say they were strong denials, either. Admittedly, neither my diocese, its seminary, the North American College, nor Edinburgh equate to the Vatican. But those examples do indicate that homosexuals have been in the priesthood for some time - long enough to work their way up to high levels of administration in the local seminary and in the North American College back in the 70's, and to the top of the diocesan administration of Edinburgh more recently. If that's true, then it's entirely possible that homosexuals clerics have achieved positions of leadership in other areas, even areas as large as nations, and of course Italy is a nation, which supplies a lot of the Vatican staff. In other words, as much as I would hate to know it, I won't be shocked if it comes out that there's a homosexual mafia in the Vatican. But I don't believe Benedict XVI was involved with it at all (other than having to deal with those in positions of authority). Actually, Cardinal O'Brien had already handed in his resignation BEFORE the claims were made; he just decided it would take immediate effect rather than waiting the month or so until he turns 75.
mortify Posted March 1, 2013 Author Posted March 1, 2013 We've known for some time now about the pedophile activity in the Church in America... Brother, read up on actual studies that surveyed the situation. Pedophilia was not the problem.
mortify Posted March 1, 2013 Author Posted March 1, 2013 You probably are to anyone who uses the pejorative "libs" to describe those they disagree with. Interesting how some get so uppity over "libs" but throw around pejorative terms of their own, e.g. Trads, Neocaths, etc.
BG45 Posted March 1, 2013 Posted March 1, 2013 Interesting how some get so uppity over "libs" but throw around pejorative terms of their own, e.g. Trads, Neocaths, etc. Perhaps you could show me where I've used such terms if I'm being "uppity"? As for Trisha's point about straying from the OP; we're a church of human beings. If God wanted His Church to be run by a perfect being, Jesus would have made the Second Coming millenia ago. Scandals are nothing new, be they true or false. I personally choose to believe that an 85 year old man is telling the truth that he is no longer healthy enough to continue working 18 hour days.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now