An Old School Catholic Message Board

Gifts For First Profession

Strictlyinkblot

Strictlyinkblot

Any ideas? I was trying to order flowers but its very expensive to have them delivered in USA and with it being a cloistered community I don't want them bothered with deliveries at strange hours. I was thinking of donating money to pay for flowers.

Also, I'm going to get a mass said.

Sister Marie

Those are both great ideas.  Without knowing the community, if they don't make cards, note cards are always a good gift for sisters too.  I'm an active sister but one of my favorite gifts for first profession was something the whole community could enjoy at the "after-party" of my first vows, gourmet cupcakes.  I am not joking, haha!  It was a great gift and there weren't that many so I don't think they were that expensive - just adorable!  Also a cloistered community might enjoy a bread, cheese, or fruit basket.  Always a donation is a welcome thing too!

Those are both great ideas.  Without knowing the community, if they don't make cards, note cards are always a good gift for sisters too.  I'm an active sister but one of my favorite gifts for first profession was something the whole community could enjoy at the "after-party" of my first vows, gourmet cupcakes.  I am not joking, haha!  It was a great gift and there weren't that many so I don't think they were that expensive - just adorable!  Also a cloistered community might enjoy a bread, cheese, or fruit basket.  Always a donation is a welcome thing too!

Seconding the cupcake and fruit basket ideas. It's difficult to think of something that'd be both special and affordable overseas. Ever since nunsense and/or faithcecelia mentioned that their communities often had an overflow of cakes, chocolate, etc. but really loved getting fresh fruit or fancy bread, I've remembered that when getting nun gifts.

I also think any gift is enhanced by a really personal card - if you're up to making one, do that! :)

maximillion

Fruit

Cheese

Coffee

Teas, speciality and herb teas included.

Craft materials and knitting yarn. (Yarn in the habit colour is always useful)

Notecards.

Pretty writing paper

Flower and vegetable seeds in packets

Wine