Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Revival Of Chant In The Ordinary Form Of The Mass


Recommended Posts

Evangetholic
Posted

http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/index.html#8862337786891371502

 

The publication of the new English translation of the Roman Missal has helped revive interest in the use of chant in the ordinary form of Holy Mass. The Roman Missal includes many more chanted texts than did the previous edition, allowing clergy and people alike to “sing the Mass, rather than merely to sing at Mass,” as Msgr. Andrew Wadsworth, executive director of the ICEL (International Committee on English in the Liturgy) Secretariat, said in a 2010 address.

Posted

Razzle dazzle! I love chant.

Posted

I'm trying to revive it in diocesan youth ministry. Well, I was. Until some gospel singer stole my job.

Basilisa Marie
Posted

I love it when they use the good chant settings at mass. :) 

 

Some of the others...ack.  

Posted

Yay! Wish we could get some of that here...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...