An Old School Catholic Message Board

Passing Of The Carmelite Prioress Of The Armstrong Carmel

Chiara Francesco

Chiara Francesco

in%20memoriam2.jpg

MotherClairesjubiliee_zpsb3727e73.jpeg

It is with sadness that we announce the passing away of our dear Mother Claire, O.C.D., here at the Carmel of St Joseph, Armstrong. Mother Claire died yesterday night, March 14, at 10:20 at the monastery after a long and courageous fight with cancer.

The funeral mass will take place on the Feast of St Joseph, Tuesday March 19, at 11:00 a.m. in the chapel of the monastery with His Excellency David Monroe, Bishop of Kamloops officiating.

Please, pray for the repose of her soul.

- from the Carmel's website, http://www.carmelspall.org/AnnouncementsNews.htm

The above picture is from their diocese newsletter's issue several  years ago on her Jubiliee.

I knew Mother Claire and she was such a holy, wonderful, loving and kind woman, nun and Mother Prioress.  I was so shocked and grief stricken when I went to their site to see any updated news.  She fought cancer for a long time and of late was having good and bad days I heard.  Please keep her in your prayers.

truthfinder

RIP. I had met her in person a couple times, but exchanged many letters over the years. She'll always be very dear to me. Eternal rest grant unto her O Lord.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited to fix emotes

Edited by vee8

here is Sr Claire this past fall on the occasion of her re election as prioress.  She is standing next to their bishop who also presided over her funeral mass.