Brother Adam Posted May 27, 2004 Posted May 27, 2004 And how do I fix it? Warning: chdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid/gid is 2318/2318 is not allowed to access /home/content/f/l/y/flyfree432/html/forum/archive_in/set-Borderline-13T-Grey owned by uid/gid 99/99 in /home/content/f/l/y/flyfree432/html/forum/sources/lib/tar.php on line 306
Thy Geekdom Come Posted May 27, 2004 Posted May 27, 2004 I don't know what that means, but it doesn't look good...lol...
foundsheep Posted May 27, 2004 Posted May 27, 2004 I believe its code for "Your up !@#$ creek without a paddle"
VanHooty Posted May 27, 2004 Posted May 27, 2004 I would reboot. If that doesn't work, formating your hard drive would work.
azaelia Posted May 27, 2004 Posted May 27, 2004 I'm guessing it means you don't have the authority to modify the script or whatever...I get alot of these when running my forum script.
cmotherofpirl Posted May 27, 2004 Posted May 27, 2004 Sounds like when my Norton turns itself off and tell me I am not authorized to turn it back on.
littleflower+JMJ Posted May 27, 2004 Posted May 27, 2004 i bet if you gave it chocolate chip cookies and milk it would all go away.
Brother Adam Posted May 27, 2004 Author Posted May 27, 2004 I'm using a free invision board and have uploaded a skin set to my ftp client in the right place. I also gave permission to all files to write and execute the upload...but yet it says "safe mode" and all that jazz. How do I turn safe mode off?
Joseph Posted May 27, 2004 Posted May 27, 2004 Usually when my computer acts up I either keep hitting CTRL-ALT-DEL and if that is frozen I just unplug it..........yeah, I am really techincal
ilovechrist Posted May 27, 2004 Posted May 27, 2004 [quote name='Joseph' date='May 27 2004, 01:56 AM'] Usually when my computer acts up I either keep hitting CTRL-ALT-DEL and if that is frozen I just unplug it..........yeah, I am really techincal [/quote] WHOA.
DojoGrant Posted May 27, 2004 Posted May 27, 2004 You may need a server reboot. If it continues, contact your admin.
Lounge Daddy Posted May 27, 2004 Posted May 27, 2004 [font="Courier"]have you been able to correct the problem yet, Adam?[/font]
Livin_the_MASS Posted May 27, 2004 Posted May 27, 2004 [quote name='foundsheep' date='May 26 2004, 09:05 PM'] I believe its code for "Your up !@#$ creek without a paddle" [/quote] foundsheep i looked at your avatar and then your post and busted a gut haha! :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
Theologian in Training Posted May 27, 2004 Posted May 27, 2004 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='May 27 2004, 04:45 PM'] still having problems [/quote] [url="http://forums.ibplanet.com/index.php?showtopic=6657"]error[/url] This may help... God Bless
Ellenita Posted May 28, 2004 Posted May 28, 2004 [quote]I'm using a free invision board and have uploaded a skin set to my ftp client in the right place. I also gave permission to all files to write and execute the upload...but yet it says "safe mode" and all that jazz. How do I turn safe mode off? [/quote] Even this sounds scarey to me....I wouldn't attempt to try to decipher what the aliens had written in their communication with each other which you posted at the beginning of this thread...... .....how do we know they're friendly? :alien: :alien: :alien: :pebcam:
Brother Adam Posted May 28, 2004 Author Posted May 28, 2004 Theo, Thanks bro! It looks like I really do need a new host. I tried what it said and I found out I can't even do a manual upload (From what I'm reading). Shopping time.
Brother Adam Posted May 28, 2004 Author Posted May 28, 2004 Ellenita, It's really not as bad as it sounds.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now