Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Deaf Mom Hears Child Say " Hi" For First Time


Recommended Posts

Evangetholic
Posted (edited)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpi1xKD20dw

 

If you don't cry you haven't a human heart.

Edited by Evangetholic
elizabeth09
Posted

Oh, wow.  That is awesome!!!

Posted

When I saw a similar video about a deaf person getting a cochlear implant for the first time I loved watching their reactions so much I youtubed more!!! There are quite a few out there!

GeorgiiMichael
Posted

If you don't cry you haven't a human heart.

 

I have a pig's heart, ya rude piece of ..........

Posted

Cochlear implants are highly controversial in the Deaf community. Adult Deaf individuals certainly have the right to decide to be implanted, but those with cochlear implants still don't hear the same sounds in the same way that you and I hear them. From the descriptions I've read (by hearing people who lost their hearing one way or another), everything sounds like it's coming through the squawk box at the Junk-In-the-Box drive through window. Not exactly the same as the way we hear.

Nihil Obstat
Posted

Cochlear implants are highly controversial in the Deaf community. Adult Deaf individuals certainly have the right to decide to be implanted, but those with cochlear implants still don't hear the same sounds in the same way that you and I hear them. From the descriptions I've read (by hearing people who lost their hearing one way or another), everything sounds like it's coming through the squawk box at the Junk-In-the-Box drive through window. Not exactly the same as the way we hear.

I heard from a couple deaf people who had them put in, but did not like it, so preferred to leave them off.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...