An Old School Catholic Message Board

Help Please

Mary's Child

Mary's Child

So as many of you here know I am preparing to enter Postulancy God willing in early June. However I still need to raise about $6,000 in the next 2 months. This is due in a large part to the fact that I was laid off from my job in February.

I have set up a blog where you can donate at http://myheartmyall.wordpress.com/ . Also I have just started making rosary bracelets to help raise this money. If you are interested in one of these please send me a pm or comment on my blog and I will be happy to make one for you.

Everyone please donate whatever you can for Jesus so that I can serve Him even more fully. Also please pray for a rapid outpouring of financial support so that I can begin the next step of my journey and share this with others. Thank you so much for your prayers and support.

I'm happy to help but it'll have to wait just a bit until I can pay off my credit card bill and then I would love to donate!  Those Sisters are so beautiful  :nun3:   My prayerful support, however, is immediately available  :hehe:

OnlySunshine

If you don't mind me asking, is this for health insurance?  The only reason I ask is because this is the exact same amount that the CFRs ask for since it is required in the Archdiocese of NYC. 

Mary's Child

No it is not for health insurance I am hoping to take care of that through the local KoC. This is for dental work that has to be done before I can go :unsure:

Mary's Child

I'm happy to help but it'll have to wait just a bit until I can pay off my credit card bill and then I would love to donate!  Those Sisters are so beautiful  :nun3:   My prayerful support, however, is immediately available  :hehe:

That would be wonderful. I so appreciate your generosity and the prayers are very much appreciated as well. God bless you.

And they really are so amazing it takes my breath away to think I will be a part of it soon.

OnlySunshine

No it is not for health insurance I am hoping to take care of that through the local KoC. This is for dental work that has to be done before I can go :unsure:

Just out of curiosity, have you checked to see if there is a dental school in your area?  We have one connected to a major university which will provide low or no cost dental procedures for those with no employment.  We also have a volunteer dental clinic for those who are unemployed with no health insurance.  I could help you research if you need help.  :)

FutureSister2009

Praying for you. I would totally be helping you if I wasn't a broke college student trying to save every cent I have in order to be able to visit convents this summer. But prayers are always there.

Mary's Child

Just out of curiosity, have you checked to see if there is a dental school in your area?  We have one connected to a major university which will provide low or no cost dental procedures for those with no employment.  We also have a volunteer dental clinic for those who are unemployed with no health insurance.  I could help you research if you need help.  :)

There are dental schools but when I looked into them it is not cheaper to go there. Part of this is due to the fact that I do have a discount plan for my dental care which is not the same as having insurance but it cuts down on costs a lot.

OnlySunshine

There are dental schools but when I looked into them it is not cheaper to go there. Part of this is due to the fact that I do have a discount plan for my dental care which is not the same as having insurance but it cuts down on costs a lot.

Huh, it must be different where you live.  What about a free dental clinic for the unemployed?  :)

ToJesusMyHeart

If you don't mind me asking, is this for health insurance?  The only reason I ask is because this is the exact same amount that the CFRs ask for since it is required in the Archdiocese of NYC. 

So, if I'm on my parent's health insurance when I enter (hypothetically in the NYC archdiocese), the $6,000 is covered, right? As in, I won't have to fund raise...will I?

Where are you entering?? What is "K of C" Also...I thought one must have their own health insurance in order to enter...Who are the other communities that require thousands of dollars as a prerequisite for entrance???? Thanks (Sorry Allie, I still have about 900$ left of my own bills to pay off) :/

Where are you entering?? What is "K of C" Also...I thought one must have their own health insurance in order to enter...Who are the other communities that require thousands of dollars as a prerequisite for entrance???? Thanks (Sorry Allie, I still have about 900$ left of my own bills to pay off) :/

Knights of Columbus. K of C. 

OnlySunshine

So, if I'm on my parent's health insurance when I enter (hypothetically in the NYC archdiocese), the $6,000 is covered, right? As in, I won't have to fund raise...will I?

I'm not sure.  My friend is looking at entering the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal when she finishes her time with Christ in the City in Denver, CO.  She is still young enough to be on her parents' insurance but they still want her to raise the money.  In other dioceses, they wouldn't bother but NYC apparently is very strict.  :(