An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscan Sisters Cfr

ToJesusMyHeart

ToJesusMyHeart

Do they pray Daytime (noon) prayers and do they pray Vespers from the Divine Office? 

Maybe it was an accident, but their schedule doesn't include either of those:

schedule%20cfr.png?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=

Edited by ToJesusMyHeart

OnlySunshine

Their online schedule is incomplete.  When I went to visit in January 2010, the schedule that Sr. Francesca gave me was much more complete.  Unfortunately, I didn't keep it but I remember that we did pray before dinner (noon) and supper (Vespers).  They pray 5 times a day.  :)

ToJesusMyHeart

Awesome! Thank you Mater! I knew you would know! :) I was actually considering PMing you for this, but figured others might be curious too. :) I figured the online one was missing some stuff. 

OnlySunshine

amesome! Thank you Mater! I knew you would know! :) I was actually considering PMing you for this, but figured others might be curious too. :) I figured the online one was missing some stuff. 

No problem!  Happy Easter!

• 2 months later...
thepiaheart

I just sent the Sisters my interview form, and I hope to go for a "Come & See" soon. My spiritual director is a CFR, but I never really looked into his sister order—until very recently. (I was persuaded that God was calling me to contemplative life . . . but that might just be the most off I've been about His will for my life in a while.) Lo and behold, everything I've found about them online spoke right to my heart. I would appreciate any prayers!

Has anyone been to visit them recently? Or know more specifics than I about the newest to the clan?

Many thanks!

Edited by thepiaheart

truthfinder

Don't really know anything about them except I've only ever heard wonderful things about them, but welcome to the pham!  :wave:

thepiaheart

Don't really know anything about them except I've only ever heard wonderful things about them, but welcome to the pham!  :wave:

Merci beacoup! It's not my first time here -- I'm excited to be back.

Pax!