Carson Weber Posted May 27, 2004 Posted May 27, 2004 For a limited time, I'm offering free webhosting for those Catholics on phatmass who would like to put their homepage up on the Internet under CatholicBoard as a subdomain. Currently, my homepage is at [url="http://carson.catholicboard.com"]http://carson.catholicboard.com[/url] Yours can be [url="http://yourname.catholicboard.com"]http://yourname.catholicboard.com[/url] Give me an email or a personal message and I'll hook you up!
ilovechrist Posted May 27, 2004 Posted May 27, 2004 hm? COOL. except.. i've been using bravehost... i dunno. i'll think bout it.
BeenaBobba Posted May 28, 2004 Posted May 28, 2004 I'll have to keep that in mind, Carson. That's a pretty cool idea. God bless, Jennifer
Thy Geekdom Come Posted May 28, 2004 Posted May 28, 2004 Do I need to know anything about programming...lol...?
Sojourner Posted May 28, 2004 Posted May 28, 2004 Carson, this is totally off subject, but I have to say that you look REMARKABLY like my younger brother. Every time I see your picture, I think of him. I'll have to hunt around and see if I can find a photo of him to post or send you, because the resemblance is just eerie ... Anyway, back to the topic at hand.
ilovechrist Posted May 28, 2004 Posted May 28, 2004 CARSON!!! ok now i WON'T (i was actually considering)... you took away my DK title... ACK!
Carson Weber Posted May 28, 2004 Author Posted May 28, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='May 27 2004, 09:23 PM'] Do I need to know anything about programming...lol...? [/quote] To answer Raphael's question, you need to know how to use an FTP program and you need to have some sort of a webpage creator ... even Microsoft Word will work because you can now save Word documents as webpages! 1. Contact me and I'll hook you up with your own web address (like mine at [url="http://carson.catholicboard.com)"]http://carson.catholicboard.com)[/url] as well as your own ftp login name (like "carson") and password (like "iamgodschild"). 2. Create your webpage using some webpage application; there are many out there on the Internet as freeware or shareware - go to [url="http://www.tucows.com"]http://www.tucows.com[/url] - just make the main webpage with the filename of "index.html" 3. By using an FTP program (some webpage applications will do the file transfer for you without need of an extra FTP program), log in using your username and password and upload your webpage. 4. Voila! You have a website. I am also offering free email forwarding to anyone who would like an email address such as yourname@catholicboard.com. This isn't an email "account". Rather, it is an address that will automatically forward all mail sent to yourname@catholicboard.com to your real email address. I just need to know what you want "yourname" to be and what your current email address is. There is a God. Jesus is God. Jesus' Mystical Body is the Catholic Church. We are made to know, love, and serve God. We are made to know, love, and serve Jesus. We are made to unite ourselves with the Catholic Church in mind and body!
Carson Weber Posted May 28, 2004 Author Posted May 28, 2004 [quote name='Carson Weber' date='May 27 2004, 10:31 PM'] CARSON!!! ok now i WON'T (i was actually considering)... you took away my DK title... ACK! [/quote] ilovechrist, If it makes you feel any better, I just beat the fighting game with the little stick figures with a score over 90,000 and it didn't even record my score or my win .. it just gave me the option to replay the game and my score/win wasn't kicked out to the "high scores" list.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted May 28, 2004 Posted May 28, 2004 Hehe...Carson looks like one of my old classmates from seminary...your real name isn't Chris, is it? He was a computer nerd, too...
musturde Posted May 28, 2004 Posted May 28, 2004 And then u can hook it up to a free domain on www.joynic.com ... (use it ur own risk)
phatcatholic Posted May 28, 2004 Posted May 28, 2004 carson.............i just want to say that i admire you for the work you have done for the Church and i hope that one day i will establish a pedigree as admirable as yours! i read ur article on the paschal mystery and it was excellent! i guess i need to get that theology degree, huh? slowly but surely, phatcatholic
musturde Posted May 28, 2004 Posted May 28, 2004 [quote name='musturde' date='May 28 2004, 01:34 PM'] And then u can hook it up to a free domain on www.joynic.com ... (use it ur own risk) [/quote] btw for joynic you have to have a site first, it just makes the link shorter and (later maybe) gives you an email for that site. (example: www.phatmass@phatmassrox.us.tt). Just letting yall know I'm not trying to compete.
Carson Weber Posted May 29, 2004 Author Posted May 29, 2004 ilovechrist.. good job! phatcatholic, I only stand on the shoulders of giants such as my father but thank you. I'll be looking for moderators once I get the board set up. If you're interested, give me a private message.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now