An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dave Hunt -catholic Basher Dies

thessalonian

thessalonian

I am posting this in debate because it raises a question in my mind.  Dave Hunt, prominent anti-Catholic, who wrote the book, "the woman rides the beast" died on Friday.  He made a living out of calling Christ's Church a Whore.  So what do you think happens when such a person meets Christ, who tells him that he called his bride a whore.  This topic may seem a bit off limits but so be it.

If he is repentant, he will be forgiven and enjoy everlasting happiness in the Beatific Vision. ... God's infinite mercy and all that.

dairygirl4u2c

if he is sincere, i might think he'd be okay. a person sins when they intentionally do what they know is wrong. if knowledge is missing and perhaps some intention, i might venture it wouldnt be held against him necessarily, at least as far as hellfire.

im sure there are people who would dispute this, but.

even those who might agree "didn't know any better" generally works, but dispute the sincerity point. (or even if you have heard at all the "truth", then you are accountable no matter how you responded or your thoughts

the whole "calling his bride a whore" thing is an interesting way to put it, though, kinda funny in a twisted way. it puts it into perspective, even if he is forgiven or not held accountable to it.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

thessalonian

"calling his bride a whore"

It is an attitude and a hatred that I think would make the repentence difficult.  Also calling the Pope the Antichrist.  He knows the truth now that he has met Christ.,  He has to deal with the many people he has lead astray by his blaphmous books.  Yes of course if he is not in the state of mortal sin ..... He can be repentant.   Certainly we hope he is in complete igorance and not culpable.  I wouldn't want adolph hitler in hell honestly except that if it is God's justice then it is right.  It just seems to me the level of prejudice of anti-catholics would create an abhorence to the truth at that moment of enlightenment.  Again I don't mean to judge.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

A priest once told me that some believe the hore of babylon will be made clean, the book of revelations says " that she will be cast into the ocean." Though i would not call the holy catholic church the hore of babylon. The book of revelations also says these are going to eternal damnation "the beast,the false prophet,the anti christ and the army of the anti christ." Whatever the army of the anti christ is, it even numbers the army in the gideon version of the new testament and says the number is 100000.Which is a big number in ancient days but also not a majority but a very large number.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Dear LORD Jesus, i offer up this prayer for the soul of Dave Hunt, that your will may be done in matters attaining to mercy and justice. And thankyou LORD for our lives that at times we seem to be in a direct struggle between you holy will and the will of the devil and it's legion of fallen angels. May your holy will of faith,hope,love,peace and courage be done in our lives on this temporal plain. Our FAther whom art in heaven hallowed be thy name,thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our tresspassers as we forgive those whom tresspass against us, lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. AMEN

Mary help of christians. Pray for us.

Nihil Obstat

A priest once told me that some believe the hore of babylon will be made clean, the book of revelations says " that she will be cast into the ocean."

Can you show us the verses you are referring to? Because if it is the part I am looking at, then that is not really a supportable interpretation.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I don't have verse numbers just my memory. I will check out esword and see what comes up. What does the verse you have say exactly?

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

The priest didn't tell me the revelation verse just that some believe the whore of babylon will be made clean. I added the scripture in support of his comment.

Nihil Obstat

Chapter 18:

[16] And saying: Alas! alas! that great city, which was clothed with fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and was gilt with gold, and precious stones, and pearls. [17] For in one hour are so great riches come to nought; and every shipmaster, and all that sail into the lake, and mariners, and as many as work in the sea, stood afar off. [18] And cried, seeing the place of her burning, saying: What city is like to this great city? [19] And they cast dust upon their heads, and cried, weeping and mourning, saying: Alas! alas! that great city, wherein all were made rich, that had ships at sea, by reason of her prices: for in one hour she is made desolate. [20] Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath judged your judgment on her.

[21] And a mighty angel took up a stone, as it were a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying: With such violence as this shall Babylon, that great city, be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all. [22] And the voice of harpers, and of musicians, and of them that play on the pipe, and on the trumpet, shall no more be heard at all in thee; and no craftsman of any art whatsoever shall be found any more at all in thee; and the sound of the mill shall be heard no more at all in thee; [23] And the light of the lamp shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth, for all nations have been deceived by thy enchantments. [24]And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Eternal rest, grant unto him O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen. May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

yeah that may have been the verse ? I thought it was more around where the women with blasphemies great and small on her body comes riding the beast. So a great stone gets throwin into the ocean. I wonder what that means. I'm not well versed on the book of revelation as has now been illuminated if that is indeed the verse. But there is another section that clearly states that ' the beast,the false prophet ,the anti christ and the anti christ will be cast into eternal damnation.' it doesn't mention the whore of babylon being cast into the eternal pit of damnation, though she obviously is striped of all her glory.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye