An Old School Catholic Message Board

Potatoes.

missionseeker

missionseeker

I have been craving them for WEEKS. 

I figured I was deficient in some nutrient, but I am STILL craving them. Any kind of potato, fries, tots, chips, potato salad, hash browns, mashed, baked, boiled in a stew. 

I thought it was maybe potassium, but I eat so much fruit with potassium that I can't imagine I'd be THAT deficient. The only other thing I could find a possibility of was tryptophan, but it says cheese and spinach are good sources of that and I eat spinach almost every single day. Cheese too. 

Could it be iron? I tend to be slightly anemic, but I eat a lot of iron rich foods. 

Any ideas? 

MissScripture

:idontknow: I used to be like that in high school, though. I informed my mother that I had a potato quota of at least one potato per day. I still love them, but it was a constant craving then. Though, after reading this, I am now craving them...thanks a lot. :harhar:

Maximilianus

A guy I knew claimed that, if I recollect correctly, one year while he was in college all he ate were potatoes and as a result he could not eat them anymore. So he had the opposite of the issue you have.

brianthephysicist

I love potatoes.  I eat them with almost every meal.  

Also, I am blessed, because one day, Missy introduced me to gnocchi's, which is a potato based pasta jawn.  Amazing.

Anastasia13

Vodka is one of the few liquors that intend to avoid. Lol

Ok, then how do you explain the pile of bottles we found you with last week?

missionseeker

Ok, then how do you explain the pile of bottles we found you with last week?

Delusion on your part? 

xTrishaxLynnx

My sister has been the same way lately; two "meals" a day are potatoes (ONLY potatoes, usually hand-cut french fries) and one "meal" is some sort of junk food. lol

And now I am also craving potatoes. :eat:

I love fresh baked potatoes with some meat and veggies on the side! Very easy yummy meal!