An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Onto You Carmelites

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

What?  Pool?  I thought that sisters and nuns gave up everything, even pools?

Apparently, if you don't have a husband and children, you must compensate by swimming. :P

PhuturePriest

?

Compensate for not having a family?  This is new to me.

I was completely joking. The first post isn't a Monastery, it's an apartment complex for people on the richer side of life, but I was joking because it's called Mount Carmel.

BarbTherese

I suspected as much when I posted the link - we Carmelite-ers are on to you FP387 !

Edited by BarbaraTherese

Chiquitunga

meant to post this before.. so there's a real Carmel in Wichita, ever been there? http://carmelofwichita.com/

I believe they are the poorest Carmel in the country. I heard from a priest who asked another traditional Carmel about them, and they said they're impressed with their poverty (Wichita's) They've been in the Diocese since 2001, living in a little temporary run down house in Clearwater until they couldn't live there anymore due to a bad mold problem. They're just north of the Spiritual Life Center now and planning to build a new monastery, slowly in phases, and living in a mobile home (which I believe will be part of the new monastery) for now. They've had a few raffles (the first in 2011) to help pay for an enclosure wall which they still haven't been able to put up to my knowledge. They're using hay barrels for now.. check them out on Bing and Google maps :like:

PhuturePriest

meant to post this before.. so there's a real Carmel in Wichita, ever been there? http://carmelofwichita.com/

I believe they are the poorest Carmel in the country. I heard from a priest who asked another traditional Carmel about them, and they said they're impressed with their poverty (Wichita's) They've been in the Diocese since 2001, living in a little temporary run down house in Clearwater until they couldn't live there anymore due to a bad mold problem. They're just north of the Spiritual Life Center now and planning to build a new monastery, slowly in phases, and living in a mobile home (which I believe will be part of the new monastery) for now. They've had a few raffles (the first in 2011) to help pay for an enclosure wall which they still haven't been able to put up to my knowledge. They're using hay barrels for now.. check them out on Bing and Google maps :like:

I have, actually. My old parish Priest switched dioceses and is the active Priest for the community there.