An Old School Catholic Message Board

Emotional Dove Commercial

Kateri89

LadyOfSorrows

The company that makes Dove products is also responsible for the Axe ads. So much for real beauty... :unsure:

Basilisa Marie

The company that makes Dove products is also responsible for the Axe ads. So much for real beauty... :unsure:

Yeah, but Unilever makes almost everything, so there's probably some separation between Unilever and Dove. 

I never thought that a corporation would attempt to make me think that it shared my values just so I'd but it's products :/

People should read the link I posted above. 

I did read it and while I will definitely agree about the lack of cultural and age diversity, the rest I disagree with.  I kind of think the article starts to nitpick.  I believe that the blonde woman predominantly featured in the video was not implying that you have to be beautiful to be happy and successful but that how you value yourself boosts your efforts in many ways.

missionseeker

I never thought that a corporation would attempt to make me think that it shared my values just so I'd but it's products :/

There are some commercials that are just gross, though. And it's not so much that it's value-less as that it's literally disgusting. The Hardee's commercials with the girls eating? Kind of revolting. The sounds in those commercials literally makes me feel sick to my stomach (smacking is a pet peeve of mine). That go daddy commercial? It should be insulting to any nerd. Like unless it's for some commercial no pretty woman will ever be interested? Also, the sounds on it are terrible. Making out in real life does not sound like that. If it did, people would find it much less enjoyable. The axe commercials are a tiny bit more realistic, in that I (and other girls I know) have definitely had our attention grabbed by a "hot" smelling man. But I've never jumped him. 

ChristinaTherese

Not to mention, it looks like he might have been intentionally drawing some of them uglier than they described themselves. Look at the 40-year-old's hair. Who would even describe herself that way?

And I've always maintained that a woman's beauty is on the inside. Make the plainest woman in the world joyful, and all of a sudden she's radiant. Look at the women in magazines, and they honestly don't look that great. A smile, joy, laughter.... Those do more to make a woman beautiful than anything you could ever buy.

PhuturePriest

Not to mention, it looks like he might have been intentionally drawing some of them uglier than they described themselves. Look at the 40-year-old's hair. Who would even describe herself that way?

And I've always maintained that a woman's beauty is on the inside. Make the plainest woman in the world joyful, and all of a sudden she's radiant. Look at the women in magazines, and they honestly don't look that great. A smile, joy, laughter.... Those do more to make a woman beautiful than anything you could ever buy.

I've held that my friends Emily and Kate are more beautiful than supermodels hands-down. I honestly believe this not only because not only are they beautiful in the typical sense, but they are such wonderful people that their inner beauty makes them even more beautiful.

Spem in alium

I liked the video. I also liked missionseeker's link. Thank you for sharing.

This is something I believe also. True beauty comes from within, and I also think it can be reflected in what a person says and how they act. 

Nihil Obstat

I've held that my friends Emily and Kate are more beautiful than supermodels hands-down. I honestly believe this not only because not only are they beautiful in the typical sense, but they are such wonderful people that their inner beauty makes them even more beautiful.

You keep saying that they do not have accounts here or read your posts, but when you say things like that, I so flooping doubt it. :|