An Old School Catholic Message Board

Getting Serious About Phatmass Publishing...

dUSt

OK, y'all. In the phatmass tradition, I am going to crowd source my idea, and get some feedback before pulling the trigger.

I think it's time to publish something.

I'm not looking into any of the traditional type stuff, like books, magazines, newsletters, etc... What I want to do is make a modern version of a "tract". A small, concise, well-written booklet that one could read in about 15 minutes. It would be graphic heavy. It would be about 48 pages, and the size of a CD booklet insert.

Eventually, there would be different topics, but initially, I want the first one to be loosely based around the idea, "Why be Catholic?". 

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

2631ce5aa05c70a87484d1a6ee46745c.jpg

The idea would be to include one of these booklets in every phatmass order and allow people to order them in bulk for youth groups, evangelizing, etc.

Thoughts?

Every time I see those I think of the non denominational christian group I was in for a little while.

They gave us a small pocket book like that to use to "save" people.

Every time I see those I think of the non denominational christian group I was in for a little while.

Exactly. We'll save the saved people.

Except instead of stupid cartoons and heresy, it will have interesting drawings and catechism.

And maybe a short diatribe by Winchester. Who knows?

YES YES YES. I need some to keep in my purse, and I know I can trust Phatmass with making a well-designed, faithful to truth tract. This size will fit perfectly in my purse!

Except instead of stupid cartoons and heresy, it will have interesting drawings and catechism.

It was a funny book!

I was just reminded of it is all  :hehe2:

:woot: :w00t: :woot: 

Not sure if it is meant to be read all at once...but if it is, 48 pages may appear like too much. Being graphic heavy would be a plus in this respect.

I publish a 48 page sales catalog of similar dimensions. If you gang it with mine, you could probably save a lot of cash.

Either way, If you are thinking of printing a decent amount, I could set you up with a printer here, or possibly one there...

Sounds like a great idea, though.

dominicansoul

what happened to that book that was going to be made?  phatmassers submitted essays and short stories...anyone else remember that?

As long as we can reference you as the phatmass version of John Zmirak.

CatholicsAreKewl

Not sure if it is meant to be read all at once...but if it is, 48 pages may appear like too much. Being graphic heavy would be a plus in this respect.

I publish a 48 page sales catalog of similar dimensions. If you gang it with mine, you could probably save a lot of cash.

Either way, If you are thinking of printing a decent amount, I could set you up with a printer here, or possibly one there...

Phatmass should style this whole thing out like a Jack Chick tract. Actually... you guys might get popular for making Jack Chick tracts about protestants as a statement of how bizarre the comics really are. 

Edited by CatholicsAreKewl

Forgot to mention that the last few pages will essentially be a catalog of phatmass stuff and a way to "explain" our t-shirt designs. So, combine that with the cover, table of contents, etc, I'm thinking that only about 30-36 pages would be dedicated to the content. They'll go fast considering the size and amount of graphics.

Remember, 48 pages is really only 24 "actual" pages, and the way the booklet is bound, only 12 pieces of paper.