An Old School Catholic Message Board

Waiting Waiting Waiting

To Jesus Through Mary

Spem in alium

Wow. What an amazing post.

My own discernment is a little tumultuous at present, and I'm waiting too. It can be so difficult. Even though I'm quite a patient person it can be such a hard thing to be sometimes. It's sometimes so hard not to rush around and stay busy, because that seems to be what we tend to be used to and when we aren't doing those things life can feel strange. But it's definitely worth taking a step back sometimes. God's Will is definitely worth the wait :)

To Jesus Through Mary

Wow. What an amazing post.

My own discernment is a little tumultuous at present, and I'm waiting too. It can be so difficult. Even though I'm quite a patient person it can be such a hard thing to be sometimes. It's sometimes so hard not to rush around and stay busy, because that seems to be what we tend to be used to and when we aren't doing those things life can feel strange. But it's definitely worth taking a step back sometimes. God's Will is definitely worth the wait :)

This is true! And at the same time His Will is right now. In the present moment and that is how he reveals our life vocation. It is so much easier in theory then in practice for me LOL! I am sorry that your discernment is stretching you right now also. You are definitely right about the being busy! 

Thank you all for your responses. It is really great to be able to come on VS and find people who are on a similar journey as me. You all remain in my prayers!! 

Spem in alium

This is true! And at the same time His Will is right now. In the present moment and that is how he reveals our life vocation. It is so much easier in theory then in practice for me LOL! I am sorry that your discernment is stretching you right now also. You are definitely right about the being busy! 

That's so true! It's happening right now, too - it's just up to us to see that :) Prayers for you!

PhuturePriest

Learning patience is really what my first struggle was in discernment. I always wanted to do things right at that moment, and I questioned why I couldn't enter yet. Now, I'm so thankful I couldn't. I would have missed out on so many opportunities, and I never would have met my best friends. I've really begun to learn the value of patience and waiting, and now I'm more than glad to wait and see what God has in store for me at the present. It seems I always imagined what God would have in store for me after I was ordained that I never stopped to think God might have things in store for me now.

To Jesus Through Mary

Learning patience is really what my first struggle was in discernment. I always wanted to do things right at that moment, and I questioned why I couldn't enter yet. Now, I'm so thankful I couldn't. I would have missed out on so many opportunities, and I never would have met my best friends. I've really begun to learn the value of patience and waiting, and now I'm more than glad to wait and see what God has in store for me at the present. It seems I always imagined what God would have in store for me after I was ordained that I never stopped to think God might have things in store for me now.

Deserves two props!