An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pope Francis And Holy Communion

ToJesusMyHeart

Too risky to lean and reach out your arms like that, especially leaning over people. 

Edited by Papist

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

I liked two things in particular...

1) Papa doing intinction :love:

2) I thought it was a classy way to instruct on the proper way to receive within the diocese of Rome.

carmenchristi

At papal celebrations Communion is only given on the tongue. This is because there is mass (no pun intended) confusion. Usually at all celebrations at St. Peter's there are 2 San Pietrini who are watching to make sure no one steals the Host. When there are so many people this is not possible. I believe this decision was made in 2000, but I'm not sure. Anyway, it is an official protocol of papal liturgies, for the reason of avoiding theft of the Eucharist for sacriligious or lucrative purposes.  

carmenchristi

Oh.. and not to bust anyone's bubble, but reception in the hand IS allowed in the diocese of Rome....  :saint2:  Also, in Italy it is pretty normal that the preist will do intinction :)

Nihil Obstat

At papal celebrations Communion is only given on the tongue. This is because there is mass (no pun intended) confusion. Usually at all celebrations at St. Peter's there are 2 San Pietrini who are watching to make sure no one steals the Host. When there are so many people this is not possible. I believe this decision was made in 2000, but I'm not sure. Anyway, it is an official protocol of papal liturgies, for the reason of avoiding theft of the Eucharist for sacriligious or lucrative purposes.  

You may not have intended that pun, but I intend it vicariously. I believe that according to the Pun Use Act that my vicarious intention fully ratifies the pun unless it is revoked upon appeal.