An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is Wanting This Church To Close Bad?

Byzantine

My pastor has two parishes. The other one is across the river from ours and is maybe ten or fifteen minutes away. It seems to me like it might already be in its death throes. Is it bad that I don't want to participate in its hoagie fundraiser partly in hopes that it'll close?

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

yes AND no. I think the BEST thing would pray for more conversions, a more faithful Catholic Community, and more Vocations to the Priesthood. I.E. two thriving Parishes with their own Pastors. On the other hand if that is not possible and trying to keep two open is a drain on resources then it is not bad to want one of them to close.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

yes AND no. I think the BEST thing would pray for more conversions, a more faithful Catholic Community, and more Vocations to the Priesthood. I.E. two thriving Parishes with their own Pastors. On the other hand if that is not possible and trying to keep two open is a drain on resources then it is not bad to want one of them to close.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

PadrePioOfPietrelcino