An Old School Catholic Message Board

Spritual Bouquet For Emma

ChristinaTherese

ChristinaTherese

She's definitely a postulant. ;) But she does look very lovely and happy! (I think her mom said "novice" because of confusion with "novitiate". And then I've read in random articles that "so-and-so became a novitiate". So it seems like there's just a lot of honest confusion there. :) )

I'm sure Emma will be pleasantly surprised to see this response, everyone! So, thank you in her name. I'll be putting this in the mail on Wednesday or so, just so you know. So I'll still be able to include things you post up through tomorrow evening, and I can check again in the morning before I head off to class. I might try to post to let you all know when I've mailed it.

BarbTherese

Will have Mass said for Emma.  And indeed she is beautiful and radiating from within - and very happy indeed.

DiscerningCatholic

I read on the ISM page that she's a novice. I did think that she went through postulancy really quickly if that was true...

dymphnamaria

I read on the ISM page that she's a novice. I did think that she went through postulancy really quickly if that was true...

Can you give us the link of the page?Thanks!

ChristinaTherese

What is this ISM page? What does ISM even mean?

Also, that is definitely not a PCC novice habit. I'm pretty sure that their novices wear the habit except for a white veil, whereas their postulants wear jumpers and veils like the one she has in the picture. I guess it could be an old picture, but it's so soon.... And that's the picture Mrs. Berry has as her profile pic, too, which she updated recently. But I guess I could be wrong. Could you give us a link to the page?

Chiquitunga

I believe they mean Imagine Sisters Movement page. Here's where it was posted, https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=574671399230028&set=a.429003073796862.99803.421583754538794&type=1  They made a correction on there in the comments that she's a Postulant :like:

I will offer a Holy Hour for Emma and pray for her before a relic of St. Francis and St. Anthony at a Franciscan church I often visit :saint:  Oh and when write Sr. Mary Agnes at Rockford, I will ask her to remember Emma in prayer too - our two phatmass PCCs  :) (an OCS in St. Louis too)

ChristinaTherese

Okay, I've written and will put it in the mail after I buy a stamp (or more than one ;) ) tomorrow.

Emma, I will be in church tomorrow evening, I will offer my mass to you and wishing you a wonderful special joyous birthday! I remember my 20th birthday..it is a day after our lords!! I wish I would of had the maturity that you posscess at this age! ;) We all miss you!!

ChristinaTherese

It's in the mail. And, Niki, I put your post above in as well. ;)

TheresaThoma

I'm sure she will be thrilled when she gets it!

Thanks so much for putting this together!

• 1 month later...
ChristinaTherese

I just received her reply to that letter today! Here is part of it:

May God reward you for your birthday letter!

Here in the Monastery we call birthdays our "Valentines Day", because Our Dear Mother Francis (her official title her!~"ODMF"~Too cute!) had her birthday on February 14. I so appreciated your letter and the surprise spiritual offerings inside from everyone! Oh, I don't know if I can express how happy that made me to see! Please tell everyone who made such a generous offering that I am very grateful and pray for all the VS discerners often--both those who are still in secular life and those who are in various novitiates. It's so wonderful to know you are praying for me as well. May God reward you all! (But especially you for sending it! :))